Discuss I predict a riot in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Well we got told to leave site today around 17.00, all 2000 ish workers on the Westfield site in Stratford, the 'unrest' for better words is 3.5 miles up the road now, tonight we've seen countless police vehicles and 7 apc go past our hotel as well as multi horse transport, it's going to get messy / er. And as I type another police van goes by, the solution, stop ***** footing around, tell the PC squadron to shut themselves up, take back or streets, bring back punishment that befits the crime, and now, 3 ambulances have just come back to us from the Hackney direction lights and sirens going. Interesting night ahead methinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Well we got told to leave site today around 17.00, all 2000 ish workers on the Westfield site in Stratford, the 'unrest' for better words is 3.5 miles up the road now, tonight we've seen countless police vehicles and 7 apc go past our hotel as well as multi horse transport, it's going to get messy / er. And as I type another police van goes by, the solution, stop ***** footing around, tell the PC squadron to go themselves, take back or streets, bring back punishment that befits the crime, and now, 3 ambulances have just come back to us from the Hackney direction lights and sirens going. Interesting night ahead methinks.

Armoured personel carriers..

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

Well we got told to leave site today around 17.00, all 2000 ish workers on the Westfield site in Stratford, the 'unrest' for better words is 3.5 miles up the road now, tonight we've seen countless police vehicles and 7 apc go past our hotel as well as multi horse transport, it's going to get messy / er. And as I type another police van goes by, the solution, stop ***** footing around, tell the PC squadron to shut themselves up, take back or streets, bring back punishment that befits the crime, and now, 3 ambulances have just come back to us from the Hackney direction lights and sirens going. Interesting night ahead methinks.

As I was saying: Bit late for that.....

D

DHTiling

Introduce curfews and bring in the Army.. Time to get tough with this mindless thugs..

It started out as innocent protests outside the police station but as usual mindless thugs who had nothing better to do decide to join in and kick off..

A lot of this now is organised crime and not just opportunists, they are txting meeting points and using social networking to get the word out where to hit next... this needs curbing ASAP imo and i think the army will enforce it quicker..

These youths have no respect for the police or property , lets see how clever they are with armed soldiers.

U

user123

Dave;531482[B said:
]Introduce curfews and bring in the Army.[/B]. Time to get tough with this mindless thugs..

It started out as innocent protests outside the police station but as usual mindless thugs who had nothing better to do decide to join in and kick off..

A lot of this now is organised crime and not just opportunists, they are txting meeting points and using social networking to get the word out where to hit next... this needs curbing ASAP imo and i think the army will enforce it quicker..

These youths have no respect for the police or property , lets see how clever they are with armed soldiers.

Absolutely spot on, spot on, spot on. I feel cold as ice about these greedy little brainless cretins, I keep going on about a curfew, too. Army? - Brilliant idea. This must be stamped on, big time.

D

DHTiling

There is'nt enough police to cover the looting in all the boroughs of London where it's happening...this is a whole new ball game for the police....

Maybe if so many police cuts had not been done then there might be plenty...it is time to act quickly IMO before lives of innocent family's etc are burned/murdered by these ***'s.. I think the police are loosing the battle and fast.. they need back up and only the army can do that.

D

DHTiling

They are too many and the police are too few.
As someone else said, the rioters can hurl petrol bombs, the police have night sticks.

Do we have enough army left in the UK? (serious question) and won't there need to be some special "act of parliament" invoked, or martial law, before they can be deployed?

Prime minister has been called back from his Hols.. so time will tell.. but if this carries on then something deffo needs sorting.. businesses are loosing megga amounts of money..

Reply to I predict a riot in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I predict a riot
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.