Discuss I think I know what Im going to but...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
thought I would ask on here to see if there are any other innovative or time saving ideas.

I am in the process of a major refurb of my kitchen which as you can imagine is a bit of a nitemare with no kitchen.

Anyway the job invloves taking up the original 10mm quarry tiles and under this is about 20mm to 30mm of sand cement screed which is hard as nails but which also has to come up o creat some space. Under this is a scabby old concrete floor which is dusty and possibly a bit soft in places. I really dont want to take up the concrete.

The aim is to stick some insulation (approx 20mm) down on the concrete having primed it with a stabilising primer and possibly having levelled it off with a levelling compound. I then need to stick the tiles down to the insulation. for the inslation I am thinking Marmox or something of that nature.

what would you do differently if anything?? just afte ideas really

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I think I know what Im going to but...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB