Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter Diamond Pool Finishers
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 4K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss i think MODS and ADMIN!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'll give you a clear honest answer as to why I don't allow this on a regular basis.

When I enable mods and admins to be included in stats, and certainly competitions that they win prizes in, it opens the whole forum up to negative discussion on other forums.

Our sponsors wouldn't want the mods to keep winning, it doesn't look right. And our 'competitors' would love the mods to keep winning, so they could point that out as if it's all a fix. Along with that, the stats always get owned by moderators (top posters, top thanked, most new threads posted, most pics uploaded, etc etc) so having a stat where members actually get the most of something is what it's all about.

I've given thought even to moving it to the main tiling forums, as if customers saw some of the work entered, it'd surely be a great thing for the ALL the tilers who entered, not just the winners. And it would get more attraction. We have a couple of members who have won a couple of times and that's not cool, as a forum.

But allowing mods and admins to enter isn't fair, or right for the forum goals.

Admire the mods and admins work in their photo albums, I'm sure they'd love the comments on the photos!

Hope that explains a bit.

P

peckers

I'll give you a clear honest answer as to why I don't allow this on a regular basis.

When I enable mods and admins to be included in stats, and certainly competitions that they win prizes in, it opens the whole forum up to negative discussion on other forums.

Our sponsors wouldn't want the mods to keep winning, it doesn't look right. And our 'competitors' would love the mods to keep winning, so they could point that out as if it's all a fix. Along with that, the stats always get owned by moderators (top posters, top thanked, most new threads posted, most pics uploaded, etc etc) so having a stat where members actually get the most of something is what it's all about.

I've given thought even to moving it to the main tiling forums, as if customers saw some of the work entered, it'd surely be a great thing for the ALL the tilers who entered, not just the winners. And it would get more attraction. We have a couple of members who have won a couple of times and that's not cool, as a forum.

But allowing mods and admins to enter isn't fair, or right for the forum goals.

Admire the mods and admins work in their photo albums, I'm sure they'd love the comments on the photos!

Hope that explains a bit.
I can see what your saying and agree because of some peoples way of thinking! I for one really enjoy looking at others work if its mods or not.
And when you see some really detailed work and the way they have gone about it it gives yourself some insperation to try and better your self. And being able to see it in there albums is great.
I for one when I vote for jotm dont just vote for the best looking or for one which has been done in the type of tile that i like best. I like to read the explanation about what was used and how they achieved it etc. and take all this into account.
But not everyone thinks the same. and if this is the way it has to be then so be it. imo i think they should be allowed to enter but then im not a sponsor or competitor.
:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Doug, welcome back. :thumbsup:

Before you cry in your beer over the MIL, keep in mind that my MIL lives with us, and I deal with her everyday! :thumbsdown:

(do I have your sympathy yet? :smilewinkgrin: )

I think that warrants the creation of a new forum tag just for you mate. Perhaps a "I'm Better Than God, My MIL Lives With Me" one? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: lol

Reply to i think MODS and ADMIN!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
i think MODS and ADMIN!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.