Guest viewing is limited

Discuss i was thinking this morning!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fipple

Know that feeling far to well!...luging boxes if tiles/materials...in short im a multiskilled tradesman..have been for 20yrs...been constantly doing the trade form 15yrs straight ,,,had the odd break way back to get a second wind...my hands ar as tough as nails...by neck aches and allsorts of pains...ive met plumbers with hip ops due to all the bending...every trade has its price..So pebbs is totally right...its an excausting job at the best of times...only the strong remain:thumbsup:

Somerset
Interesting post guys. But it is no good worrying about unskilled ex-public sector workers stealing your work.

A few of you have latched onto the truth already:
- A good quality trades(wo)man will always find work - because they ARE good at what they do.
- There has always been pressure on skilled tradesmen. Loss of apprenticeships. Influx of foreign workers. etc. etc.
- Have you heard the moans from plumbers, electricians, brickies, plasterers....?
- The ability to blue sky think a solution to commonality issues in a diverse community (public sector work) does not make you a good tiler.
- We are in a recession. Some of you will not survive and will have your businesses go bust, be made redundant, and have worrying periods where no new work is on the horizon. THAT is what the recession means. Many more will survive and see the next boom when business gets good again. Until the boom means 4 million chinese immigrants arrive, all with cheap tiling skills to take up the slack with too much demand for tiling work and too few tilers available.

Ah well - thats (working) life. :8:

Reply to i was thinking this morning!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Hi This is my 1st post in the forum. I have been a tiler for 13 years. I have started my own...
Replies
Views
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
R
How do I've basically given up on tiling did college diploma a while back and offered myself to...
Replies
Views
rich83
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
i was thinking this morning!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.