UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss ICA and NVQ Learning Units in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

ChaseTiling

CHASE TILING ACADEMY LIMITED
Ceramic Wall & Floor Tiling Courses
Construction Skills / City and Guilds Approved Centre No. 5451

Dear Forum Members

I have received a private message from a member who has read a post on the public forum requesting a course breakdown on what exactly has to be covered (and provided) on the NVQ level 2.

I hope that my reply will help answer queries.

Units you must complete to achieve an NVQ level 2 in wall and floor tiling

VRO1 Conform to General Workplace Safety
VR02 Conform to Efficient Work Practices
VR03 Move and Handle Resources
VR141 Prepare Backgrounds for tiling
VR142 Tile Wall and Floor Surfaces

The NVQ is purely work based and you must have a least three years tiling experience with evidence to prove this.

OR
Have completed an ICA accredited tiling training course which is all the underpinning knowledge for the NVQ.

Units you must complete to achieve the ICA level 2 in wall and floor tiling

Work Efficiently
Set Out for Tiling (wall and floor)
Prepare backgrounds for tiling (wall and floor)
Position and Fix tiles (wall and floor)
Repair Tiling (wall and floor)
Phase Test
Store Materials and Equipment
Erect and dismantle basic working platforms
Health and Safety Test (CSCS card)
Gola Test (on-line job knowledge test)

As well as tiling, basic plastering / rendering and screeding is included as part of the City & Guilds ICA curriculum.

The ICA scheme of work and the NVQ strategy / programme is available to students that have enrolled and started on either of the above programmes.

To deliver the above awards the training centre MUST be accredited, have Qualified Instructors / Assessors inplace along with an Internal Verifier.

If Chase Tiling Academy can be of further assistance in this matter please contact the centre and we will help.

Yours sincerely

Margaret

Senior Administrator NVQ/ICA Coordinator

T

tiler burden

now do you finally see why the nvq syllabus is in no way a reflection of a proven ability and trade competance!

dont get me wrong, you will need to get one for 2010 so thats all there is too it but, anybody within a few weeks of training could tick the boxes of all the above listed.

if you are going to enforce a trade recognised criteria then simple go back to how it was. 3 years with a firm, 3 years at college with an exam!!! no course work or portfolio as evidence, you either pass or fail and your employer either endorses your ability through experience or he/she recommends further training..that way we will produce the kind of tradesperson that this country used to produce!

everything now is fast track, disposable, cheap and designed to supply the masses imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ICA and NVQ Learning Units in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
R
hi all, currently looking to get my break into the tiling trade. Am currently a cab driver and...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.