Guest viewing is limited

Discuss IDEA (Wet wetroom Underfloor Heating) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jimmycooker

Hi,

I've already laid my upstairs flooring (18mm ply) and put up stud work.

However i haven't slabbed the walls or ceiling below.

After looking at wetroom tanking options all day (Impey shower tray, tile backer board, tilesafe tanking system with devimat electric underfloor heating i'm almost ready to pull the trigger.

There are a couple of things.

1.) Do i need to tank the tile backer boards? If so what do i use / what can i use to come down over the 75mm tile safe lip at the bottom (i assume it would be best to come down the wall and over the tile safe membrane?)

2.) I wasn't too keen on the electric underfloor heating system so my idea is:

I have a spare zone on my central heating system and was thinking of using it to control a loop of 1/2 inch barrier pipe attached to the 18mm ply under the ensuite, looped and then insulated from underneath. Put a thermostat in the floor and control the zone based on this...

What do you think? :hurray:

Reply to IDEA (Wet wetroom Underfloor Heating) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
On the final stretch of this lengthy project and would love to hear your views on Flexible...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello. We're going to be installing large limestone tiles with wet underfloor heating in our...
Replies
Views
If starting from joists, what subfloor would you use these days? 18mm Ply first and then a 6mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
IDEA (Wet wetroom Underfloor Heating)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.