• Thread starter Deleted member 9966
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 5K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss I'm going camping! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

i'm with macten on that :lol:

.anyway liz, i thought you werent the carry on camping type??? i didnt have you down as the barbera windsor type?? if you keep this up, you'll be able to work for rich as a 365 girlie :lol:

i've always been the camping type Ed. I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide :thumbsup:

but no, I shall refrain from becoming a 365 girlie.

A

albyshellshear

I like the idea of camping but the reality doesnt live up to the ideal, like a caravan though its a little more to my family's taste, the wife doesnt do roughing it up she takes 3 hours putting make up on to go to the shops, would love a caravanette but you need a mortgage to buy one, I agree with you all why do airports and and stress when this country has a lot to give not forgetting the other 3 countries....Alby :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

that, irishjas, is an excellent point :hurray:
we were camping up at Bamburgh, Lou was heavily pregnant with our first (about a week to go). On our last night the Family Chavtastic turned up, radio blaring, swearing every other word, no respect for anyone else. I had a word with Chief Chav and got no change from him. The rowdiness went on till gone 3am. We were up at 5:30am because we needed to get packed up and away early:smilewinkgrin: Lou was slamming the car door repeatedly, hitting pots and pans with all sorts of utensils,singing Oklahoma at the top of her voice, car radio on:lol: Captian Chav stuck his bleary eyed head out of the tent to say something, but before he could I just said "Shut it!, my wifes about due in case you hadn't noticed!" he muttered some obscenity and disappeared back in his tent. Sweet Revenge!!:hurray:
I hasten to add, at this time of week, there was only us and Chavs in camping area as it was friday morning:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

we were camping up at Bamburgh, Lou was heavily pregnant with our first (about a week to go). On our last night the Family Chavtastic turned up, radio blaring, swearing every other word, no respect for anyone else. I had a word with Chief Chav and got no change from him. The rowdiness went on till gone 3am. We were up at 5:30am because we needed to get packed up and away early:smilewinkgrin: Lou was slamming the car door repeatedly, hitting pots and pans with all sorts of utensils,singing Oklahoma at the top of her voice, car radio on:lol: Captian Chav stuck his bleary eyed head out of the tent to say something, but before he could I just said "Shut it!, my wifes about due in case you hadn't noticed!" he muttered some obscenity and disappeared back in his tent. Sweet Revenge!!:hurray:
I hasten to add, at this time of week, there was only us and Chavs in camping area as it was friday morning:thumbsup:

I never realised you had a nasty streak about you Doug :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Next time try silicone sealant over the tent zips....works a treat :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

similar thing happened to us one year Doug

I used to be on price and would knock of early on the friday for a weekend away
my kids were small then and loved camping, we set up and took the kids to the beach, got back and the family from hell where setting up nearby

got the kids off to sleep and they slept through it, we didnt

this extended family got slaughtered, didnt know where the toilets were so just urinated anywhere, ran round the site tripping over guyropes and just causing mayhem, they finally crashed about 4.30am

my kids were up at about 5.30am, excited and wanting to play

normally they would be reined in at that time of the morning, this morning I gave them a ball to play with, it wasnt long before the other kids were out

guess where the goal was set up and with my daughter in goal

deep joy

everytime a head popped out to complain they were snarled at

by the time we got back from the beach the pitch was empty, the manager had removed them much to everones delight, apparently they were cheered off the site

Reply to I'm going camping! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Yesterday I went for a quick ski session at Manchester Chill Factore (that's how they spell it...
2 3
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
I'm going camping!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.