Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Inconsiderate customers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

As a flooring contractor in hard floor coverings ( tile, Karndean, wood) to mainly the domestic market I would say a vast majority of customers make a good effort to clear my work area as much as reasonably possible.....but occasionally I get a cracker.

The most recent one was a couple with young family where I had to clear their breakfast remains off the kitchen table ( so I could move it) and relocate three clothes loaded clothes drying horses three mornings in a row. There was always toys strewn over the place which had to be moved as well. I appreciate the hassle with kids but Mum was around after the kids went off to school and just didn't seem to care.

I was wondering who has had the most extreme case of inconsideration from a customer.....go on, have a moan!

S

SandyFloor

was doing a toilet swap out 2 weeks ago, went to remove wc and bloke had done a dump but didnt flush, needless to say i had a few words with him, dirty boy

I had a similar one...was putting oak throughout a flat including the WCs. I had the pan out to put the floor underneath as the customer had a dump the WC in through the wall an flushed. I had told him what I was doing but he forgot I was there....he was really embarassed and did clean up. I had to go outside trying not to gag.

S

Scott

I used to do maintenance for an estate agents rental properties. Toilet seats were a real common issue and had plenty of 'suprises' left for me, ome deliberate im sure as they used to get a letter telling them we were coming and a call the day before as a reminder.

I also fitted a kitchen for a 'mate' and he went on holiday and left a kitten in the house! It poo'ed all over the lead for my brand new DeWalt jigsaw the lady that was allegedly looking after it was pregnant so couldnt clean it up!

R

richard Kent

Did a fit in Richmond a few years back the house was huge, divorced mum with four teenaged kids, wanted to rip out the old kitchen, but the sink with the waste disposal attached was blocked and had been for over a month, just slightly undid the coller stood back and finished the turn with a 8' lump of timber, it stunk.:mad2:
Also while I was there the dog took a dump in the middle of the dining room floor and it was still there when I left 2 weeks later.

F

faithhealer

Did a fit in Richmond a few years back the house was huge, divorced mum with four teenaged kids, wanted to rip out the old kitchen, but the sink with the waste disposal attached was blocked and had been for over a month, just slightly undid the coller stood back and finished the turn with a 8' lump of timber, it stunk.:mad2:
Also while I was there the dog took a dump in the middle of the dining room floor and it was still there when I left 2 weeks later.[/QUOTE]

gross!

F

fipple

A mother and her family(picture the hills have eyes!)...they saw no wrong in allowing there dog to take a pish on the sofa,they even put newspaper on there,me and and my m8 looed at eachother and wondered why,then when the dog took a leak,we just couldnt believe it..the whole family sat on that sofa...a rancid ammonia smell constansty...needless to say we declined cups of tea...it was when we left that she made this comment ,and i sware this happened,there was a small spec of paint and she remarked"can you clean that up as i like to keep a tydy house":yikes:

J

j.p ceramics

went to a flat a couple of months back to qoute on doin a splash back and this is what i was faced with:

1. 14th floor and lift was broke

2. the customer had tried doing the job himself but decided he didnt want to cary on so just decided to spread what adhesive he had on the wall anyway

3. cat poo all over the kitchen worktop and as i moved the bread bin i discovered even more cat poo behind there.

As you can imagine my qoute was too expensive for them. THANK GOD

S

SandyFloor

I think there's a common theme emerging here....dirty people and dirty pets.

Did a bathroom a few years ago in probably the dirtiest inhabited house I've ever been in. I mean it was the type you wipe your feet when you leave. I mean this place stank. Middle age couple...no excuse I could see. It seemed they could afford a 7k bathroom but not a hoover or duster.

It was tiled except for the shower area which was Wetwall. The plumber and I really struggled to keep straight faces as they explained their choice of wetwall cos it was more hygienic.

Reply to Inconsiderate customers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
A
forgive me if not in the right topic - please advise and i will re-post! Help Please! I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Inconsiderate customers.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.