Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Inconsiderate customers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

My old gardener used to put make sure he put his boots on when he went ot collect the money from one of his customers. They were wealthy people and he used to say that rich people can afford to have messy homes. they also used to pay him with a Coots cheque so definitely not short a few quid

Yep...but they can usually afford cleaners as well as gardeners. So you have a gardener
:lol::lol:

P

Prem Tiler

I did a job for a right plan who left the tiles out side all winter so all the boxed were soaked through and in bits. Every tile needed cleaning before fixing. Not only that but the house was a mess. all the other contractors were moaning there heads off that it was the messiest site they had ever had the mis fortune of working on. Cleaning tiles a looking for lost tools added at least 3 hours on the job.

L

Lenny

Worst one I had was on a re-wire of a council owned property. Typical Wayne and Waynetta style inhabitants who has just had a baby, I mean 2 weeks old.

Now animal mess I'm not too happy about but can deal with, but human mess i.e dirty nappies left open and lying round everywhere, on tables, beds, the floor, the stairs I cannot. Those of us with kids will know what a 2 weekd old's turds are like!! and the rest of the house was just stinking. Anyways I refused the job, told the council why and they sent a team round to fumigate and deep clean. Never saw those particular tennants again.

Dirty £%$££%^!!!!!!!!!!

S

Scott

i hate it when you arrange with a customer a time to start work and when you turn up on time there still in bed :mad2: so you spend the next 15 mins trying to wake them and they come down and say is that the time i'll just have a shower and the bathrooms all yours.

yeh and i'll add the hour ive just wasted on to your bill! :incazzato:

Or worse they take a morning dump.......make that an extra 15 mins to let the air clear

S

SandyFloor

i hate it when you arrange with a customer a time to start work and when you turn up on time there still in bed :mad2: so you spend the next 15 mins trying to wake them and they come down and say is that the time i'll just have a shower and the bathrooms all yours.

yeh and i'll add the hour ive just wasted on to your bill! :incazzato:

I started turning up on site at 9 on some jobs for that reason.

There was one job which had a permanent sign in window saying deliveries et. to be left in garage as wife still in bed.There was also a note left to keep noise down for same reason. She never appeared before 11.30 and I know as fact ( my wife knows her) the only reason was because she was a lazy cow. she would the put the same cd every day and not change it.......I really hate Keane now.

R

Richard Edwards

Recently I tiled a floor - Travertine in a kitchen for a TV Director - The builders were there at the same time - working in the other part of the house. At the end of the day one, she asked if me and my labourer could not use the only loo in the house (only used it once each for a number 1!) and use the public toilets in the town - 1.5miles away - My mouth dropped.

We said OK - Then used her back lane !

T

tommo-wales

Seen some real horrors from two elderly brothers/farmers who clearly thought more of their animals than thier house, to working on social housing contracts where the whole carpet moves before your eye's, but what really bugs me is when you service a boiler in a garage and as your shown in being told its in the far corner surrounded by months worth of rubbish spewing out maggots and oooze.
Blurghhhh

Tom

E

easyt

Recently I tiled a floor - Travertine in a kitchen for a TV Director - The builders were there at the same time - working in the other part of the house. At the end of the day one, she asked if me and my labourer could not use the only loo in the house (only used it once each for a number 1!) and use the public toilets in the town - 1.5miles away - My mouth dropped.

We said OK - Then used her back lane !

Should have used the handbasin

Reply to Inconsiderate customers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
A
forgive me if not in the right topic - please advise and i will re-post! Help Please! I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Inconsiderate customers.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.