Discuss cowboy customers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
I'll eat my hat and say the customer is just fiddling you.

This does happen. But at the end of the day if your doing something your not competent at doing then you've got no cause for complaint if the customer isn't happy. Regardless if you told them your a tiler or not.

I know how to do electrics, i worked on 3 phase generators whilst in the Army. Still got a sparks out to wire up the UFH i'm on at the moment. Because i'm not qualified and have no come back if something does go wrong.

I wonder if your insurance covers you for tiling work? It all does sound a little suspect if you've done all the work and they've waited until your finished before picking fault. But first an foremost they should ask you to rectify. But in the same respect, you've come here for help and since you haven't had the warmest of welcomes you've not been back despite everyone still offering to help. That in itself seems a little suspect. Maybe there's a lot more to do. Who knows.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm just saying they could be fiddling mate. Could be.

Why wouldn't you clock the substandard work beforehand?

And to be honest I'd not even be expecting just standard if I lived in a house with three bathrooms, as we know it's the room after the kitchen perhaps, the bathroom gets the most money spent on it whilst at the same time increasing value to a property.

Perhaps I'm not able to see this from the customers view to be fair. The last guy I employed to do tiling was Phil Hobson and he was obviously pretty awesome. So anything less than that even on the first wall to go on, I think I'd clock I don't want the whole room like that, let alone three rooms.

Reply to cowboy customers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
cowboy customers!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.