Discuss Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height.

The porch is currently back to the concrete slab, which is around 70mm below finished floor height. This means making up 50-60mm of height. This seems too thick for bonded screed, and too thin for an unbonded screed. I was thinking of using chipboard or plywood, but from what I understand this isn't an ideal tiling substrate. I do have some spare 6mm hardi backer boards I could use.

Any thoughts welcome on how to tackle this.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1C7DBF62-9BDC-4424-BE27-8886E1971D9A.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 18
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height.

The porch is currently back to the concrete slab, which is around 70mm below finished floor height. This means making up 50-60mm of height. This seems too thick for bonded screed, and too thin for an unbonded screed. I was thinking of using chipboard or plywood, but from what I understand this isn't an ideal tiling substrate. I do have some spare 6mm hardi backer boards I could use.

Any thoughts welcome on how to tackle this.

Thanks
Remove any loose bits , wet it up and throw concrete down and level is what i would do , would be easiest

Reply to Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB