UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
In Peterborough we have a few small outlets but we also have the advantage of having two topps tiles, CTD and porcelanosa. I generally point my customer in the direction of these, and a few of the smaller outfits that provide a better service and helpful advice. I like to help the smaller business where i can so those that make the effort with me and my customers gets my recommendation when the next customer asks me where to go for tiles.

P

Peter

We don't really get any 'national' tile shops over here as such. The only one that had a branch throughout most of the country was Tile Market, which went into administration. Their prices werent that good but they were handy to have an account with as you could pick stuff up anywhere. Tile wise, it sold bottom end Spanish stuff.

Use a local tile shop Huttons which is about 5 minutes from me, noone locally can touch their prices for materials and their tiles are mostly good quality Italian. Would rather deal with the same people day in day out so you know the exact prices of things for costing a job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I think this is okay to do. I can't see this upsetting a relationship you have. But by all means...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.