Search the forum,

Discuss Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Independent tile shops....Who uses them ? How often do you use them compared with bigger outlets or dont you use them at all ??

Do they try to get your business , are they helpful? knowledgeable ?

Would you prefer to give them your money or not ??

Debate !

D

doug boardley

independents for me Neale, don't have any any of the nationals up here. Are we having a poll?

G

Gazzer

Not really for a poll Doug. Just interested to know who would deal with the small guys in the game against the bigger names.
I would imagine though it would depend as in your case...who is most local.

I have a decent Indie shop here but CTD is not too far of needed as are some other big names but the prices seem to be a lot higher and they are harder to deal with. I have started to get good deals for certain items off the internet.

D

doug boardley

a lot of retailers, indies or nationals, could do with coming onto forum for a while and actually learn a bit more about the stuff they sell imho.

G

Gazzer

Very true Doug but have you seen the money they pay the staff in places such as Topps ? I saw an Advert for staff wanted and when I worked out the wages I can understand why they wouldn't be bothered and why they are always advertising for staff...no one stays long !....but thats a different topic.

O

Olz

I don't go near tops, the starting offer of discount was about 2% which would increase over time. Bearing in mind a Ctd trade account I have is much higher and topps were trying to get me to switch I questioned why I would take the hits for a few months and declined. Tile giant is very competitive IMO but not close enough to make it worth while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

Olz

I have an Indy on the doorstep but he only did some cheap stuff and a very limited range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

hutchinsons

CTD for me im afraid.. the independents are doing cheap, get them out stuff. I deal with original style and olde english too and have no probs..

Reply to Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen