Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Install On Concrete Floor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

S

simon

I am fitting a new kitchen and want to also tile. As it is old its has a really cold concrete floor.

I have looked at all possible options for wet or elec UFH and insulation. Floating floor of 6mm hardi on 30mm celotex was almost tried until I read the forum some more. Wet UFH wont give me enough heat as its a 12.5m2 room and I can only get about 6-7m2 of UFH so really need 160Wm2 heating to supplement the radiator (currently there are two but im removing one)

So my plan is to simply lay 30mm marmox - Full bed adhesive it to the primed concrete floor (needs a bit of water based SLC in places to help avoid excessive adhesive), tape all joints with skrim, then lay down elec Matt (with supplement adhesive) then a 5-10mm layer of SLC before tiling with MAPEKER RAPID SET FLEX adhesive (300x600mm tiles) and polymer based mapei grout.

Have I missed anything, room is 2.5 x 5m. Any need for expansion gaps of the marmox?

Anything I should use for sticking the marmox to the floor.

Thanks all!

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
I need to start looking at other ufh options. I've only ever used Warmup loose wire even on big floors without any issues whatsoever. Variopro and Ditra heat are absolutely alien to me! As for the op's install, sounds good to me. With regards to adhesives etc always go with the best your budget will allow. I almost always never use less than an S1 nowadays (Setaflex) even onto concrete with ceramics.

Reply to Install On Concrete Floor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, had some great advice here before so thought I would ask here for advice again...
Replies
Views

Underfloor Heating Trending Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Install On Concrete Floor
Prefix
Forum
Tiling on Underfloor Heating
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%