Discuss Internet Security in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
iPads and iPhones don't need anything.
MAC's need Avast! - Very very few problems with them though

Windows need Firewalls and Anti-virus - And regular updates! Hate them these days I used to love windows.

Not sure about other phones. I think manufacturers generally push a software update out when somebody's found a loop hole and managed to do something to one.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm on XP and Microsoft dos'nt update any security anymore, maybe time for an upgrade.
Yeah, in general, you want to keep your systems up to date. I wouldn't always upgrade straight away on windows. It causes issues with drivers sometimes so your printer might not connect to the new version of windows the day it comes out, and that sort of stuff. But perhaps stay a version or so behind, because then you can pretty much guarantee all drivers and whatnot will be supported, yet at the same time, all security will be supported too.

W

White Room

Nothing!
And it's free!:D

You mean no security
surprised-004.gif

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Avast is free, and AVG is free. Both for Windows. Both good enough in the main. Run a firewall too.

I sometimes wish the internet as a whole would just disconnect old insecure computers and not allow them to gain access via their ISP or something. ALL the problems of viruses and whanot are spread using out of date and / or insecure computers.

It'd make life much easier for users and firms in general. And cut out a lot of the 'power' "anonymous" and other hacker collectives have.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Internet Security in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
C
Dear All, I'm currently going through Small Claims proceedings with a management company that...
Replies
Views
Mike Mike
M
hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
I JUST FOUND THIS POST ON ANOTHER PLASTERING FORUM AND BORROWED IT TO SHOW YOU GUYS OUR TRADE OF...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB