UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss outside opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

There seems to be loads of this ****, going on at the moment with peeps just trying it on, i have just been robbed on a job and i'am now trying to fight back and get nearly £4000,owed it make me feel sick to my guts when people attempt to mug you, this is why i'am not surprised when peeps shot !!i now i just think yes but what **** did they do to get shot, bankers ......

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
i feel the same dave ive had a few choice customers lately who have been a bit odd whenit comes to paying.....last one paid in full but added a floor on the job halfway through the job which we obviously did for them.....then went missing for 2 weeks with no payment for the extras had to call them from a nother number to get an answer

these ones however i wish i had bodyswerved you just dont know thought they seemed nice people.....and was too deep involved to walk with no cash
i will happily go to court if thats what they want its nonsense though as we havent even started plastering or finsihed the boarding yet

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
thats what i told the builder tonight mark...just said thats fine see you in court

they are trying every trick in the book to get out of the signed contract they have with me

the latest one seems to be that they have now obtained cheaper quotes than me??? dunno wtf that has to do with it the time to get numerous quotes and compare them is at the start not halfway through a job that you have made a million changes on

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
tell 'em to get ****ed over the receipts, what you paid for them is none of their concern, as long as you didn't take the **** by charging £100 for a bag of £15 addy you'll be fine. i'd be seeking damages from them in your reply via the solicitor

exactly what my solicitor said rob,obviously i made money on supplying them but materials were 2k i beleive that included 30 metres of tiles,ufh,all tile materials including 9 chrome trims,travertine slabs,spotlights and led bulbs,plaster board,timber etc etc etc the list goes on and alsoa skip in there so i think i made 250 of the 2k profit

C

Colour Republic

thats what i told the builder tonight mark...just said thats fine see you in court

they are trying every trick in the book to get out of the signed contract they have with me

the latest one seems to be that they have now obtained cheaper quotes than me??? dunno wtf that has to do with it the time to get numerous quotes and compare them is at the start not halfway through a job that you have made a million changes on

And i'll give you a quote that is 5 times the price of yours and i'm sure others on here would do to, how many do you need to prove a point?

****s like that get on my nerves

O

Olz

Id speak to all the suppliers as wel mate, let them know whats gone on and suggest they might not want to supply and materials to them or this new guy as there likley to come back again a few weeks later when they change there mind.

Just get everything written down for your own records whilst its clear in your head and if you can get any texts downloaded to your computer and printed out do that too.

Cant see you having a problem, and if I were you I wouldnt even speak to them, if they ring, or this other guy rings, tell them you will only speak to them via a solicitor, there likley being charged per letter, so make them pay!

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
thanks everyone for the advice,have come acorss a few weirdos along the way but this one has to be the worst so far!

ive done that oli i had to write the full story down to get it out my head.they initially stopped any contact with me themselves without any word at all and then i was called from a 3rd party soem friend effin and blindin down the phone i advised them at that point i would only deal with them.
next thing a solicitor letter came stating clearly all correspondance was to only be sent to solicitors neither party was to be aproached...my solicitor sent back a brilliant letter to them which we were advised over the phone on thursday by there solicitor that they woudl respond within 5 days.

they must have discussed the letter with there client and this is the phone call they have made? really cant see how threatening me with blackmail is going to help there cause ,i will just wait and see what solicitor says now

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Down tools, get everything back you can and deal with them only through the solicitor.

It's hard mate, and as you well know i'm dealling with a similar thing. Don't let it worry you mate. Blackmail, verbal abuse, and everything you've mentioned you need to note, date, times, etc. Take them to court and use your solicitor to overwhelm the judge with information. The fact that this is your occupation and the current climate, and their lack of communication and decision. You'll come out on top mate.

Dwell on it and it will get you down, chim up, they're few and far between, but there are some right ******* customers out there.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
update on this fiasco after the threatening telephone call i had....they dont want to go to court but also dont want to pay me my subbys costs i have billed for they want me to walk away and also them....leaving me with a bill for the lads to pay...a lawyers bill also to pay

i am tempted to walk as its a hassle i could do wuthout but the fact of the matter is they owe me money

P

Pebbs

Its a matter of principle, don't you dare back down, because if they do it to you and get away with it, they will do it to the next unsuspecting decent person. These people are nothing more than scum bag bullies, who truly believe they can do as they want, and scare the living daylights out of you.

And if you think you can't take anymore, remember this, you are not the one who has done anything wrong, never doubt that.

Lynn

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
update on this guys n gals,letter received stating they do not want to go to court and want both parties to walk away...paying me 50 percent of my bill as invoiced through sub contractors

been nothing but hassle this i can either accept and move on or chase them down for the extra money ...think ill sleep on it for another fortnight to **** them off!

this has happened as my bill spiralled due to all the add ons and changes they made.....came to the point they were up **** creek financially and got the builder in from upstairs job who was clearly disgruntled i had nipped a job that he should have really priced and won to do it for cheaper

some very sad people around

Reply to outside opinions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.