Guest viewing is limited

Discuss iOS4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matt

Just been telling a mate to get os4, and he's had his os3 jailbroken for ages, he's had folders and all sorts of hacks on os3 for ages. Tut.

And he installs programs on the phone for free, like satnav and so on.
:mad2:

I thought about Jailbreaking mine, but I like the ease of use with the Apps. You have to download things via P2P if you jailbreak it.

Although free satnav sounds good :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I got satnav from the itunes store for 11 quid or something. You can still use the itunes store to install apps if it's jailbroken, you just can't click upgrade else it wipes it all.

And some dodgy apps can brick the phone so then it'd need a restore and the jailbreaking and then installing everything you had on it again.

I'm fine with mine how it is now.

His jailbroken phone had 5 icons across the width and had folders time ago he said. Though he's waiting for a less buggy jailbroken ios4 to be out as he says although it's out today (they didn't mess about did they?) it's very buggy.

M

Matt

I got satnav from the itunes store for 11 quid or something. You can still use the itunes store to install apps if it's jailbroken, you just can't click upgrade else it wipes it all.

And some dodgy apps can brick the phone so then it'd need a restore and the jailbreaking and then installing everything you had on it again.

I'm fine with mine how it is now.

His jailbroken phone had 5 icons across the width and had folders time ago he said. Though he's waiting for a less buggy jailbroken ios4 to be out as he says although it's out today (they didn't mess about did they?) it's very buggy.

They have jailbroken iOS4 already? Wow, didn't think it would be that quick.

I won't bother jailbreaking mine. Happy with it how it is.

How you doing on Angry Birds? :lol:

C

Colin-TG

As some of you might know, it looks like the ios4 is creating signal level problems with the 3G/S's, mine included, since the 'update' I have lost all 3g connectivity and struggle to get Edge most of the time. They are rumoured to be releasing ios4.01 soon to fix the problem, I will see how it goes then before deciding whether to jailbreak or not.
You might want to check the cellular data settings. When I updated it lost the settings from here.
settings-->general-->network-->cellular data network
They should be (for O2)
APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
username: mobileweb
password: password
That fixed 3G connectivity for me.

Reply to iOS4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Norcros sells Johnson Tiles UK Bathroom and kitchen products provider Norcros has finalised the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
iOS4
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.