Discuss Iphone4 close ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

If you want to keep the same number but move to a new network you will need to get your PAC code from your current network provider, you can take it to the new network but it usually takes about a week to transfer over, but your old phone on your current network would keep on working until your number moves to the new network. You shouldnt be without your number though as it will be on one for or the other, it might go off for a short time, like an hour after leaving your old network before appearing on your new one.

If your staying with the same network and just upgrading you'll just transfer from one phone to another, you'll get a new sim card though because the Iphone 4 has a micro sim card not the standard sized one.

H

hillhead

If you want to keep the same number but move to a new network you will need to get your PAC code from your current network provider, you can take it to the new network but it usually takes about a week to transfer over, but your old phone on your current network would keep on working until your number moves to the new network. You shouldnt be without your number though as it will be on one for or the other, it might go off for a short time, like an hour after leaving your old network before appearing on your new one.

If your staying with the same network and just upgrading you'll just transfer from one phone to another, you'll get a new sim card though because the Iphone 4 has a micro sim card not the standard sized one.
Cheers Oli, i will be staying with o2 so does that mean the iphone sim will work with my current number?

O

Olz

Yes mate, normally on o2 you keep your current sim card and just put it into the new phone, so your number would be on the iphone straight away because the number is actually associated to the sim card not the handset, but becaue your changing to an Iphone 4 they will have to give you a new sim card because it takes a new style sim card called a micro sim, which is alot smaller, you'll just get the new phone with a new sim card, carry on using your new phone until at some point usually within 24 hours the old sim will stop working and the new one, in the iphone will start, the transfer from the old sim being switched off and the new on going live should be instantanious though, you will usually just loose the signal, switch the old phone off and switch the new one on and it should register and be working immediatley.

The shop might tell you to turn both of them off for 24 hours or something whilst they transfer them but thats normally them just covering their backs incase there are any delays, its usually pretty much straight away.

H

hillhead

I was so tempted Dave for the 32 but i bit my tongue and said i'll wait, the salesman had one with over 1700 pics and plenty of music etc and still had 7.9 gb left on his 16 gb !!
Plus i thought that 85 quid will help pay my daughters dentist bill of £77.lol.
Real good thing about this move is that i can upgrade in 12 months again !!!!!! new phone every 12 months now if i wish( not half,lol)

most of them seem to be 24 month contracts now last time i did it they were 18 months and beofre it was 12 months

24 months is no good as i trash my phones

i did buy the samsung solid extreme but sold it to someone on the forum at less than cost . I can upgrade after christmas and im thinking the solid extreme and buy myself a I pod touch i bough my son one this year and i love it great gaget and as its not my phone i dont need it all the time

H

hillhead

O2 business contracts offer 24 month contracts upgradable after 12 months! this means in 12 months sign up for another 24 months contract and walk away with another phone for the upgrade fee which for me at the minute for an iphone4 is £138 and they will give me £115 for my current phone so for £25 i'm moving up nicely with lower monthly payments too !!! £36 all in with what i need.
Can't wait to get going,wednesday night by the looks now.

Reply to Iphone4 close ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Iphone4 close !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.