UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I'm not fed up with work... work is good and loads of it ..

It's just other things that have got me down , well it's mainly the wife's health .. only a couple know but she has been diagnosed with MS ( on top of her chrohns ) and last week got the nod she has to go onto medication for the MS .. so it has stressed us out some and one of the reasons i had to stop Admin duties on here.. anyway .. not about me just my reasons like gary for feeling not so good about things but a holiday would be good..

gaz.. take a break if funds allow it mate.. a holiday can make things seem better.. works for me most times any way.. but when work get's you down then you need to find a compromise.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I think that's part of the reason I've felt a bit **** recently, feels like I'm constantly dealing with fookwits at the mo.

your right there bri, never had so many time wasters, idiots, cancle jobs dimwits, stupid bloody customers just latley, must be the season for it..

its not just you gary........crap summer, just seems like one long winter.....take a couple of days off mate, recharge the batteries...

B

bugs183

Sorry to hear your down mate.
It doesn't seem to be getting any easier does it work wise.
I finding its getting a bit too stressful lately. Customers phoning all hours and not giving a stuff if you have a life, jobs cancelling and then magically expecting you to re book.
Not to mention the doing estimates, cash juggling and all the running around.
But each year i find you have a duff month where you wonder how your going to get through it, you don't concentrate and your eye goes off the ball a bit and then that buggers the next job, even something daft like not ordering up adhesive or not putting tools in the van can really **** things up.
You know your mates won't understand if their not self employed, they'll tell you you work too hard, but you have to do it.
Anyway give it a month or two and things will be feel fine again i'm sure.
The one thing you can gaurenttee is everyone here will understand.
And sorry to hear about your lot Dave. I'm single and find life stressful enough, i hope things work out for you.

D

Dougs Third Go

No way!
I bet they were suprised when you said no................you did say no didn't you!!!!!!!?
I don't think £500's worth of labour, matting, boards and leveller is too much too ask!
oh it was a supermassive *** kicking NO! bugs, along with the skim I won't tile onto. I actually came to an arrangement with builder to strip shower area that's to be tiled and replace with p/board and tanking, he gets the gear and I'll do that foc, but the floor is an add on by customer and that'll be charged at full whack:smilewinkgrin:

B

bugs183

mmmmm, what has caused me the most stress and i'm not gonna start talking about the dreaded 'Anhydrite' word god i've done enough already!!!!
I personally love flooring, and with this screedthe future is gonna be a real pain in the bott, i'm on a 63m2 slate floor at the moment and i'm using Creative Impression GBTA adhesive, it cost the customer wait for it £700+ in adhesive, thats no Ditra just adhesive. Plus its really weird stuff to use, so if is the best adhesive around for these screeds then i don't want to play anymore!!

D

Dougs Third Go

let's all go down the pub! :8:
sounds bloody good idea to me
drinking-42.gif

S

Spud

have you still got your apt in Egypt Gary? get yourself over there for a break if you have:thumbsup:
Still got it Doug but my missus wont go out there with the baby as she doesnt trust the egyptian drivers so I have only been there once this year for a weekend last January with my Dad ,I booked up for florida next august and will need to get out to Egypt in January to pay the maintenance fees and organise a new key holder

Reply to Is it just me? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.