Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is there an SEO doctor in the house? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't see how this will change anything at all. It's only really related to searches, not results.

So it's a step above what they do already with guessing what you're searching for as you type, like they use on YouTube too.

Never heard of it until you just said mate so I just took a look.

Who's saying it's an SEO killer?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If you rank well, you'll have more of a chance now to get hits as in theory, if somebody starts typing 'tile ....', our forum will show up every now and again even if it's not a tile forum they're looking for.

If you have a website about dog walking, the chances are you'll now be shown when people are searching for dog washing, but they stop at the 'dog w' as they see your dog walking website and want to see what it's about.

I can see good things coming from this.

And again, it's not related at all to the optimisation of a website, nothing changes, so anybody who's saying its a bad thing doesn't know much about SEO.

If you website ranks well now, it'll have more of a spill in from traffic from other similar searches. If it doesn't rank well now, it won't rank well with the change either, so it doesn't affect the guys who optimise websites, it's just more beneficial for their customers to have high ranking websites now - so in theory it's a good thing for the SEO industry.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just had a look, some top SEO guys are actually dissing it. They claim that when you search for something, and I search for something, we'll see different content. So there's no point in optimising a website. But that's rubbish. The suggestions good use will be based on what people are searching and have searched for, just like Google Suggest. And the websites that are presented will always be the ones with the most relevant rich content, so nothing changes IMO.

I love it when Google take more of the search market share, as I rank brilliantly in google really quickly, where as it takes a few week to spam your way to the top of yahoo, or spam your way to the top of bing.

I see lots of good things coming from this. Whenever Google improves, I get more income. It's fine with me if they improve monthly.

And you know, lads who don't have websites, will loose out on business even more so in the future. On my mobile phone I press a button and say "tilers" and it uses GPS to pin point my location and it shows me a list of tilers websites in my area, next to each listing there is a linked phone number and I click it to call. So 2 clicks of a button and I'm on the phone to the highest ranking local tiler.

You really need to get yourselves websites lads. It'll be harder to rank a website when three of your competitors beat you to it.

I seriously believe the .com boom is just starting, and it's starting on MOBILES! :D

I'm going to get apps made for the forum, but they're $1000 for each phone type for each forum I have, so $5000 a forum. Then I sell the apps you use to connect for the same price as tapatalk, and have a free version that you can actually post using. Though as currently on sparky forum (which are the guys that use their phones the most to browse our forums) only has 22 users out of 15,000. Though many more use their mobiles, not that many have bought the tapatalk app. So i'll not be buying the apps quite yet.

C

Colour Republic

i'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with the website and I don't know what to do

firstly i had the problem with the www. and non www. version, so i did a 301 redirect. I thought that would sort it but it hasn't! For a few weeks now I've noticed in webmaster tools that the crawler access for the www and the non version are different, so google must still be seeing the sites as different. (If i look at crawler access or site maps the times are different from the last access) But today I noticed that google has two different cached versions of my home page even though in the results it is showing as www.colour-republic.com on both caches.

I was hoping that the non version would slowly get indexed ans the www. version but it seems google is starting to index both version.:mad2:

I don't know what to do about it know... did any of that makes sense?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It sounds like google is just catching up with you mate.

If the redirect is working from non www to www. Try linking a couple of times to the non www version. Googlebots will pick up the link, follow it, be redirected to the www, and then will keep feeding that back to google.

The fact the two cache's are showing www suggests it's starting to work though mate.

However in webmaster tools, I'm guessing it either has some data still for the non www, or it's not working correctly.

If you send me a copy of your .htaccess, I'll take a look. Windows aint it? HELM is it?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As for this search thing, checkout this guys '7 ways google will chance SEO' : 7 Ways Google Instant Will Change SEO

This is a brilliant thing, it gives those that don't rank now a fighting chance to rank against expert SEO guys. And it gives the innovative SEO guy a fighting chance to get better, and help more clients.

I think the people moaning about it most have loads of websites ranking well and they're worried that they won't get as much traffic. Though from personal experience, I know we'll all get more!

Reply to Is there an SEO doctor in the house? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
I really need some sound advice as I’m well out of my depth. We have a little second home with...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is there an SEO doctor in the house?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.