Discuss Is this unacceptable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Morning all

Im just setting out my walls.. as suspected its going to be a pain in the proverbial

To get things just how I like, I will be left with a thin sliver of tile at the top of 2 walls out of 4.

Above the horizontal laser line, is this unacceptable?

If I bring it down then I will be left with a thin cut rather than a full tile on the next wall because of a wooden beam on show. See pic for dilemma

1297c8a3.jpg

This is the transition to the next wall which makes the thin cut necessary to get a good follow on

4cb7fb72.jpg

and this is the view from walking in the bathroom..

7cc73930.jpg

IF I bring it down a tad so the cut is bigger and I have a cut on the joining wall.... albeit not as thin.. then I am left with a thinner cut to the floor and also the row line on the niches / TV will be low down (as pictured below with the baton showing where a row of tiles goes...)

fd3183dc.jpg

sorry for all the pics!
thanks guys

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bolter

Just working out the horizontal rows first mate then I can work on centralising the tv / niches

with my first picture, I get a tile row pretty central to the niches / tv horizontally

would you suggest a better way to start? :)

Sounds stupid but there are two centres to everything. One way is to mark the middle, and start tiling from that mark, the other way is to mark the middle, and the middle of the tile, and join the marks. May......or may not help :)

D

davemul

Thanks mate. As expected these walls were a massive pain. Ive cracked on now anyway so it is what is is! :lol:

Ive got the tv and niche pretty well set out... but at the expense of a small cut up top

I could have JUST about got away with using full tiles top and bottom.... but would have had to be creative with grout lines and final silicone joints.... I just couldnt risk using full tiles as it would be inevitable that there would be a large gap somewhere!

It certainly cannot be said that I just threw the tiles on without planning! :sombrero:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike

Hey up Mike... naah we dont want a border. Already filling the niches with mosaic and no doubt a splashback for the sink / loo.

Martyn, good call but nooo way am I overboarding the ceiling. 8 lights, 2 speakers and an extractor up there. I was thinking that an extra thick skim of plaster may help but decided against.
if you're that bad a shot dave maybe you'd better sit down :lol::lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Is this unacceptable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I've been looking all over the site and I think I have a plan... So, I've fitted the...
Replies
Views
monkey3
M
M
Currently fitting stone ledge tiles (the stack type) on a fireplace. Have been using spacers to...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
M
Hi, hope that someone might be able to help. We are currently in the process of tiling our...
Replies
Views
M
Q
Hello, I'm just setting out the plan to tile my bathroom and would like some advice on these...
Replies
Views
quantasm
Q

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Is this unacceptable?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.