Discuss Issues with quality of tiling, help needed !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cuttintiles

this may seem out of turn and i appologise in advace for my rant,
you should complain to topps and demand a refund for tiles already fixed, they reccommended the tiler and i can assure you if the correct adhesive was used there is not a tiler in the world ready to fix "used" tiles down again.
also by not reporting him he is free to inflict damage on others claiming "its not my usual standard"

imo the taff system was concieved to give topps an income in a bleak period for them and some of the taffs are "2 week course" tilers,
that is why we all get so many calls about correcting stuff!
and the only time a tiler will correct others work is if he has a spare day or two.

genuine tilers have sign written vans, websites, portfolios, premisis and more importantly customer reccomendations!!!!!!

not to mention that topps are the toilet bowl of tiling suppliers (imo).

p.s sorry you have had these problems but if you think about it from a different angle like "i dont usually steal,this is my first time dont report me"

it does not really wash... Does it?

rant off.

G

GAZCOM

Hi,TB.

Discuss the faults you have found with the tiler, listen to his reply, if he is trying to pull the wool over your eyes,dont part with a penny until he has rectified the problems, your the one who has saved to have the job done and if it is not right, dont pay a penny until it is.

There are far to many people who get away with crap workmanship ,you would not buy a car it it was scratched.

Good luck

Reply to Issues with quality of tiling, help needed !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Issues with quality of tiling, help needed !!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.