UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss It's a mystery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Tiles all up now, it's a shocker. The worst installation I've ever seen.

d4b780bf-9fc2-c5c7.jpg

d4b780bf-9fde-c902.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What a joke! Awful tiling.

Wonder if the customer went for this guy because he was £2 per meter cheaper than an actual tiler?

The UFH wouldn't have lasted long and it might be worth checking the continuity readings on it. Where there has been no adhesive encasing the cable, the cable would get hotter than the rest as it isn't dispersing the heat properly. Given the fact that so many parts DO have cable encased in them, you may find the cable has stretched where one part gets hotter than the other.

I'd do that before spending time trying not to damage it mate. You may find the readings are all out and the heating cables, although still get warm and appear to work, may actually be done in now and not worth tiling to again. You don't want that to come back to you in the future when it was the fault of the other guy.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nice turn out. :)

Very wise move to replace the heating cable. Might be worth keeping any smaller mats and not throw them away, make some demonstration boards or areas in your local tile shop with it maybe or something like that? Will last a while I'm sure just make them aware that it'll fail at some point.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to It's a mystery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.