Discuss Job pricing, commercial in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I would love to be able to give you some advice Stef on big contracts but alas my knowledge is limited in that area for tiling. However, in a previous life I was dealing with contracts from as small as £500, right up to 300k. What I will say is make sure that you are watertight as they say because the customer i.e. who you are are working for will look for any small detail to hold back/not pay you at all. It's a massive step to move onto a contract of this size. I'm sure you have the bottle to go ahead with it and I'm sure you will project manage it well. It's knowing what to do and how to approach and handle things if they go wrong. But the same has been said, nobody ever moved forward by standing still. Good luck on this one.

J

jonnyc

best of luck if you get it .
my last comment is cash flow.
doesnt matter what contract and payment terms you sign up for. if your employer starts getting late with payments for whatever reason you have problems . its easy to say that you would pull off but could you afford to if it jeapordised a payment forthcoming. sub contractors waiting for money . why should they wait if just because you have delays with your contract.
way i see it it is not so much pulling off the job more being able to ensure fluid payments to look after your sub contractors.
dont know what the job is worth but if say 200k i would not even consider if i did not have at least 50 k in bank and a 20 k overdraught.evn then i would be worried .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Job pricing, commercial in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hi all, new signup here beginning first tiling job. We've got a conservatory room at the back...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I don't usually use forums so bear with me. I've tiled my downstairs toilet, I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB