Guest viewing is limited

Discuss just got to wonder when quoting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

went to have a bo peep at a new house owners wanting quote today rocked up on time had a quick yak to owners then went to view job
1st room laundry chipboard floors
someones put down cement sheeting but wait whats that i spot blue waterproofing running around the plaster walls about 60 mm up from floor (AUS standards are laundry toilet bathroom floors must be waterproofed)
so biting my tongue so as not to laugh i asked the question has floor been waterproofed
reply yes
and have you fixed cement sheet over waterproofing using nails
reply yes is something wrong
taking another go at my tongue why did you install it that way
reply that the way we were told to do it
after some explaining that the waterproofing is now void and full of holes and should of been on top of cement sheet the penny dropped
en suite bathroom toilet and laundry all fixed the same way:mad2::mad2:
and to add to the problems even more 4mm cement sheet used instead of 6mm
i have never seen this before and hope i don't when will people learn:mad2:

they are now considering laying 6mm cement sheet over then waterproofing i did mention the height issue but still want quote go figure

J

jay

never seen that, but did see a labourer nail a battern on top of waterproofing when i was in new zealand, and its not like you dont notice it because it is bright blue it was the ardex superflex dont know if u have it in oz, but if u ever see it its like the colour of a smurf

yes seen that one much the same as the one mentioned above (gripset waterproofer) laticrete do a nice green one :8: 9270 i think

Reply to just got to wonder when quoting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hey, this is my first time attempting to tile in my first home. Did a bunch of research last...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just after some advice on the best way to approach the wall preparation of a job i have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
just got to wonder when quoting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.