Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Just ordered a D24000. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Orville

I am a complete novice, but do like to do things properly and the time has come to redo my bathroom and kitchen. I was a little unsure whether to hire or buy, but after checking hire prices took the decision to go new. This way I can take my time with things and sell it on ebay once finished.

Anyway, it was a tough call between the Rubi 250 and D24000. I think the final swinger for me was that the Dewalt comes with 2 decent blades. For the bathroom I will use a mixture of 600x300 and smaller porcs. The kitchen is undecided, but I am sure whatever I use will not be a problem.

Does anyone have any usage tips before I begiin cutting at the weekend. The bathroom walls, shower area etc are all fully prepared. Just awaiting delivery now:).

Tradetiler got my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

faithhealer

I am a complete novice, but do like to do things properly and the time has come to redo my bathroom and kitchen. I was a little unsure whether to hire or buy, but after checking hire prices took the decision to go new. This way I can take my time with things and sell it on ebay once finished.

Anyway, it was a tough call between the Rubi 250 and D24000. I think the final swinger for me was that the Dewalt comes with 2 decent blades. For the bathroom I will use a mixture of 600x300 and smaller porcs. The kitchen is undecided, but I am sure whatever I use will not be a problem.

Does anyone have any usage tips before I begiin cutting at the weekend. The bathroom walls, shower area etc are all fully prepared. Just awaiting delivery now:).
Tradetiler got my order.
good for you, plenty of peeps would be interested in that when it becomes available

O

Orville

D24000 recieved today, unpacked, and several test cuts made.

At first I thought that I only recieved one blade becasue the second was hidden away inside the stand box. It then took me 20mins of cursing to find where I put my 240-110v transformer (I ordered the 110v model).

Initial impressions were:-
*It's big and yellow:).
*The supplied instructions are pretty basic but they do tell you all you need to know.
*It is very well built, although I could see some of the plastic water trays breaking if not treated carefully.
*It is easy to put together and take apart.
*Using the supplied Dewalt blades it cuts through porcelain and ceramic pretty nicely.
*Absolutely no water escaped the tray mechanism during my brief test.
*Cleaning and maintenance looks straightforward.
*I need a bigger shed.

Thanks go to Trade Tiler who delivered my saw and bits within one working day. Now I just have to wait for the weekend before I can really give it a try.

O

Orville

I tried a few mitres last night. The first cut was slightly off true and required a very minor adjustment to the tray to allow perfectly straight cuts.

One negative is that the saw only angles from 22.5 and 45degrees in one direction. This means that most of my mitre cuts have to be performed with the glaze face down. This creates a liitle edge chipping, but nothing that cannot be corrected with a tile file.

I will never use edge trim again:).

Reply to Just ordered a D24000. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
C
Hello everyone - this is my first post in the forum and I’m looking for some advice and opinion...
Replies
Views
F
Hi all I'm tiling my second kitchen, and just wanted to check in with you all that I'm doing it...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Just ordered a D24000.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.