Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Just ordered a D24000. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

TILERS ****....:drool5:

product_635.jpg

O

Orville

After a solid weekend of playing with my tool there is only one thing that niggles me about it. For external edge mitre cuts you need to place the tiles face down. As the blade cuts from top to both it is quite frequent that the the final mitre'd edge chips. It may only be a small chip, but I know it is there and it bugs me.

On the positive side, there is very little water spray and spillage, the supplied blades cut clean and true, and I can clean it and take it apart within 10mins.

For external edge mitre cuts you need to place the tiles face down. As the blade cuts from top to both it is quite frequent that the the final mitre'd edge chips.

Having you tried running the tile through just back from the glazed edge?

Is it the standard DeWalt porcelain blade you are using? Not sure yet what kind of difference a premium blade, like a Montolit DNA, would make?

I've had one for a couple of months, used it for a enveloped wet tray and was impressed. for the last trav job we used kevs vitrex and clipper as i could'nt be bothered transporting the thing over to the job.

Its bigger than it looks, the bloke in the promo pics must be 8ft tall with arms to match to carry it up the stairs.

got mine direct from a contact at dewalt with the 2 blades for half a bag of sand :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reply to Just ordered a D24000. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
C
Hello everyone - this is my first post in the forum and I’m looking for some advice and opinion...
Replies
Views
F
Hi all I'm tiling my second kitchen, and just wanted to check in with you all that I'm doing it...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Just ordered a D24000.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.