Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Just so Im clear in my own mind.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I have a meeting tomorrow, and I just want someone to clear what my own thoughts are on this.

Walls are 6m high....substrate is blockwork and then 12mm marine ply over the top. Limestone...large format over the top of this...Its going to be mechanically fixed, but something just flashed up in my head about the load bearing, I dont think the wall will take this weight. Time for the struct engineer I think...or shall I get the corbal plates put into the block work? Or perhaps even go for unistrut? Thats a lot of stone to come tumbling down.

Pebbs

S

Scott

Thats a hell of a wall! Is it just a single flat wall? Cavity or double skin blocks tied together?

(If its single skin id run really really fast in the opposite direction)

Concrete blocks should be ok but i would imagine it would need a pier behind it to hold that weight at that height?

I have just had my gable ends built in concrete blocks (3.6N) on the inside skin and they are 4 metres and moved like you wouldnt believe. (Even with the roof tied into it)

P

Pebbs

I still got loads of time to sort this one out, I havent ordered the next shipment of stone for it yet. Its a lunatic of a wall, the surveyor is out there tomorrow, to give it a once over. I think the strut engineer will have to come in and advise. We start the floor shortly so I'll take photos as we go along.
Im looking forward to this one...havent felt this way about a job in ages.

Pebbs

Reply to Just so Im clear in my own mind.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Just so Im clear in my own mind....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.