Discuss Just starting out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bjohn

Hi everyone.

Im just starting my tiling journey!
Can do some basics and have done a few odd jobs like re-grouting showers and bathroom wall etc.
Working around my job, so its weekends and evenings! So if theres any tilers in the North Wales, Llandudno area looking for a bit a free labour, in return for a bit of knowledge.! Please get in touch, im just willing to learn!

Also anybody needing small small jobs, grouting etc let me know, im looking to do the odd free job to get my portfolio going.

R

Rich

Cheers guys!
Its a slow progress, taking it a bit at a time!

Its not easy, we all know that. Have you done a search on here for threads about people starting out/advertising/branding?

The beast advice I can give you is to sit down and spend a few hours on this site with a pad of paper. You will not believe how much info there is on here, some of the guys on here have been tiling for decades and still learn new things on here. Arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can and any questions just ask :thumbsup:

B

bjohn

Cheers Rich.
I have all the marketing/advertising powers behind me, I currently sell advertising space for local news papers and do alot for trades people. I have spoke to a well respected local builder who has said on his next tiling job I am welcome to tag along and give him some free labour.
I have been keeping evidence of the baisc jobs that I have been doing (re grouting etc)
I have also been promised a bathroom floor to tile once I have finished my courses etc which will be good!
Im just itching to go really!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Just starting out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
P
    • Funny
Hello tilers, I'm new to this forum - I've been lurking for a couple of days now reading lots...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
M
Hi im not sure if there if all ready one of these but i thought it would be a great idea to have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Just starting out
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.