UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Kerakoll Adhesives.. and Ideal H40 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just want to say a BIG!! Thanks to Bill from KeraKoll adhesives..

He came up trumps with some Ideal H40 adhesive for me to use in the morning on an Anhydrite screed( GyvlonLL) job i am doing..

He sent me 5 bags to do the first phase( Bathroom floor 27 mtrs) to try out and see what it is like..then i move onto the other 170 mtrs... So again Bill a big thanks..:thumbsup:

That is great service..IMO..

D

DHTiling

?? lost me Dave

It is just a test of the screed.. This is a gas-pressure test method in which a small sample of screed is removed and placed in a test vessel where moisture in the screed reacts with calcium carbide crystals to create acetylene gas. The gas pressure produced is measured to provide a moisture content reading of the screed sample,expressed as a percentage of moisture.

K

kkoll

Hi Dave,
Sorry for the delay in replying, ironically I have been in Italy! Hope it all goes well with the H40 Eco Ideal, and no problem with the samples. You are right when you say that H40 Ideal is a special cement which allows fixing directly to the anhydrite and//or plaster if onto walls. Because of this there is no formation of ettrignite which is what occurs with conventional cement based adhesives causing debonding.

Reply to Kerakoll Adhesives.. and Ideal H40 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.