Discuss Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jamzyb

Hi all,

Well my first quote has come along, and I could do with your help and advise!

It is a 15m2 kitchen floor. Ceramic tiles that are apparently 800x800. Customer would supply all materials, so just labour only. (Do want to check what adhesive they are supplying, as i'm refusing to put my name to cheap stuff!)

What should I quote? Bearing in mind that its my 1st job and it would be great to get the portfolio started and some decent feedback! :)

Thanks in advance...

J

johnryan

just been thinking about what i said before, and while that would be a good price for where i am, i'm not sure about where you are, so not sure how good a guide that is. i'm forgetting how nerve racking it can be going into your first job with regard to pricing. if i were you, i'd have a general idea of how much i wanted to earn from the job, and with it being my first one, it'd probably be lower than i'd expect to be getting as i go on. when you have an idea, then go to the job in the morning, and play it by ear so to speak. also, you may get there and find chipboard flooring, and all sorts of other problems. normal people don't really know about substrates etc, and think if a floor is flattish you can tile it, no matter what it is. i just priced a job very low lat week as i wanted it for certain reasons, so there's no hard and fast rule about it. truth is, as it's your first job you may be happy for a low day rate. i know i'd have done mine for next to nothing just to get it under my belt. whatever happens i hope it all goes well for you.
not sure if nybor is referring to another post he had on pricing earlier on today or if he's just put the numbers the wrong way around. i'm sure he doesn't mean 6 per meter.

J

Jamzyb

just been thinking about what i said before, and while that would be a good price for where i am, i'm not sure about where you are, so not sure how good a guide that is. i'm forgetting how nerve racking it can be going into your first job with regard to pricing. if i were you, i'd have a general idea of how much i wanted to earn from the job, and with it being my first one, it'd probably be lower than i'd expect to be getting as i go on. when you have an idea, then go to the job in the morning, and play it by ear so to speak. also, you may get there and find chipboard flooring, and all sorts of other problems. normal people don't really know about substrates etc, and think if a floor is flattish you can tile it, no matter what it is. i just priced a job very low lat week as i wanted it for certain reasons, so there's no hard and fast rule about it. truth is, as it's your first job you may be happy for a low day rate. i know i'd have done mine for next to nothing just to get it under my belt. whatever happens i hope it all goes well for you.
not sure if nybor is referring to another post he had on pricing earlier on today or if he's just put the numbers the wrong way around. i'm sure he doesn't mean 6 per meter.

Thanks for the advice! You're right, maybe i'll price about £18-£20m2 just to give me a better chance of getting the work and an addition to my portfolio.

Reply to Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Kitchen floor pricing help!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.