Discuss Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

Thanks. Got the job! :) Is only at £200 for labour though, but should only take 2 days, and seems pretty simple really. Will be good for feedback, reference, & portfolio, so I guess it benefits me in more ways than one - money!

nice one, well done. the way i see it, is money is secondary to the other benefits of getting your first job in. and if he comes back with more work for you, you'll be in a better position to dictate price. if he knows you're a competent tiler then he's more likely to be willing to pay better rates than find someone else. look forward to hearing how it all goes once the tiles are down. some pics would be nice too.

A

advancetiling

As someone earlier said,its all about selling yourself.I try to come across as offering the best service,refs,portfolio,always tell client to look at my previous work on website,offer trade discounts.Even offer a tile collection service(if van can withstand the weight).Although prices are very low in Yorkshire,i am not the dearest but im certainly not the cheapest.Got to make the client know that you are more than competent and more often than not they are prepared to pay that bit more for your knowledge. Example- last week i priced a job(2 ensuites,kitchen,bathroom-all wall/floor)which a builder had prepped and was going to tile.When i mentioned tanking,overboarding,type of screed used over piped ufh the client was shocked the builder hadnt mentioned/considered any of this so i got the job. Knowledge is power.Whenever uve got a bit of free time,read the threads on this forum,any thread.A form of revision and better than watching coronation street. Hope this helps

Reply to Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Kitchen floor pricing help!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.