Discuss Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

i wouldn't go cheaper, but if you think you can get the work by matching that price then i'd say go for it. has the guy offered to give it to you if you match the price? i'd reluctantly take it if he has, but try to think on the positive side, as you may get more work form it, and it's a great feeling when you get that first job done. others here may disagree with me to accept it, but i still think under the circumstances, it'd be worth your while to do it for £13m2.

:yikes: that's a really low price, but if i were you on my first job, i'd probably match the price just to get it. he could be a good reference for other work, as well as getting a job under your belt. you never know where it could lead to as well. if you do a good job, he'll be sure to get you back if he needs more tiling done, or recommend you to others.

yes he may recommend or even get you back.....but at what prices ???? but as it's a first job and you feel confident after seeing it....go for it, good luck.

J

Jamzyb

you have a point there, and there's no way of knowing really. that''s something you have to judge for yourself. does he know you're just starting up? he may be taking advantage, but you have to weigh up what it's worth to you, and not just in terms of how much money you'll make if you know what i mean. it's a hard decision but good luck whatever you decide.

yes he may recommend or even get you back.....but at what prices ???? but as it's a first job and you feel confident after seeing it....go for it, good luck.

Cheers guys :) Will let you know on saturday my decision, but im more than likely to take it.

D

dilz000

Don't go cheaper. Why work for nothing. If it does lead to more work, then it's all going to be at that discounted rate, plus if he recommends you to friends they Would also expect a silky price. And FGS go and look at the job!! Any one can haggle! And tbh that's what he's probably doing! If he's adamant that that's what he has been quoted that politely tell him not to expect much quality wise.

while your there ask if he's got the other quote in writing, does it include materials? it might be £200 + say 80 odd maybe

I wouldn't price match. I'd explain everything that I do, full process from start to finish. You've got to sell yourself, so that he chooses you for you (and price after that).

For me it'd be a minimum of £20 p/m2 = £300, then either plus or including materials depending on the job

J

Jamzyb

good luck today. hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks. Got the job! :) Is only at £200 for labour though, but should only take 2 days, and seems pretty simple really. Will be good for feedback, reference, & portfolio, so I guess it benefits me in more ways than one - money!

I know this is going slightly off topic, but how far will a bag of 20kg Mapei go? 8m2??

Reply to Kitchen floor pricing help! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Kitchen floor pricing help!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.