UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Lash clips etc Again ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have to say that I still think a good tiler doesn't need them and can only think that they'll be a time consuming hinderance. In saying that, I would be very interested in any review you post, though would be happier if you were getting them for free to test, rather than pay for them out of your own pocket....!

---
- Created on iPhone.....

Lol well yes so would I but curiosity has got the better of me.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I have to say that I still think a good tiler doesn't need them and can only think that they'll be a time consuming hinderance. In saying that, I would be very interested in any review you post, though would be happier if you were getting them for free to test, rather than pay for them out of your own pocket....

That's a good idea, surely it would be worth a phone call to the manufacturer explaining how many tilers will get to hear about your findings? If I made these and was really believed in them I'd love a pro tiler off here to test them and reveiw them. You can guaranteee if Neale with his years of experience recommends them then others will try.......

Gerry

TF
I have to say that I still think a good tiler doesn't need them and can only think that they'll be a time consuming hinderance. In saying that, I would be very interested in any review you post, though would be happier if you were getting them for free to test, rather than pay for them out of your own pocket....!

---
- Created on iPhone.....

We used the Raimondi system on a sandstone floor we did in a church. There were three of us laying with 85-years of experience between us. The cost of the system was incorporated into the price of the job, so you could say it was 'free'. It did take time to get used to using it, but it definitely eliminated any slump.

[h=1][/h]

S

Spud

I bought the raimondi kit yesterday I bought the starter kit with 100 wedges and 100 12mm lash spacers and a set of floor pliers I also bought a further 500 spacers and 250 wedges and set of wall pliers ,I bought them as I have a several jobs coming up it 1200x800 4mm thick porcelain which tends to bend a fair bit while fixing it so I am going to give them a try,I got a great deal from my supplier and I paid just over 200 quid and now I have the kit fixing 60x60 tiles will cost just over a £1 a metre for the spacers so the cost is not high .I will post some honest feed back once i have tried them on a couple of jobs as I think it will a couple of goes for a fair trial

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

they look good system ,solves a lot of probs with larger format tiles ,i just couldnt work with that 1970s music playimg in the back ground ,it would drive me nuts

:lol: my wife thought I was watching a low budget **** film when she heard it, having said that I usually have a **** site in reserve, so if she walks in the room I can switch from TF to ****, that way she thinks I am normal:thumbsup::lol: This site is sooooo adictive:lol:.

Q

Qwerty

Never used the Raimondi system, but used Lash the other day on 600x600 porcelain. A doddle to use and really does take the worry of slumping out of the equation. Be warned with very highly polished tiles though....... any slightest sign of grit, cement dust or other particles between the wedge and the tile can leave tiny fine scratches. I learnt early on and managed to get into a system of wiping and ensuring I worked as clean as possible.

Client now has perfectly flat, mirror finish wetroom floor to be proud of

Ordered the Raimondi kit today and will be giving it a go along with a 365drills 115mm core bit on Thursday:thumbsup:

A little tip....... I used the 115 bit to make a cut out template guide in a bit of 10mm Marmox, then put some thin silicone blobs evenly on the back. Have used it a handful of times over the past few months when drilling using the 115mm bit and it works a treat! No straying whatsoever!

Never used the Raimondi system, but used Lash the other day on 600x600 porcelain. A doddle to use and really does take the worry of slumping out of the equation. Be warned with very highly polished tiles though....... any slightest sign of grit, cement dust or other particles between the wedge and the tile can leave tiny fine scratches. I learnt early on and managed to get into a system of wiping and ensuring I worked as clean as possible.

Client now has perfectly flat, mirror finish wetroom floor to be proud of

A little tip....... I used the 115 bit to make a cut out template guide in a bit of 10mm Marmox, then put some thin silicone blobs evenly on the back. Have used it a handful of times over the past few months when drilling using the 115mm bit and it works a treat! No straying whatsoever!

Good tip Blocko:thumbsup:

Reply to Lash clips etc Again ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I
    • Informative
I'm going back to talking about self-leveling clips. (systems with wedge, the other me, I do not...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
I know from reading old posts on here this can be a sensitive subject - but I have some...
Replies
Views
Bespoke Tiling
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.