Discuss Last Minute Kerapoxy Grout Tips? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Morning all

im just sealing the marble mosaics then will commence grouting!

has anyone any last minute Kerapoxy grouting tips for me? ive read and read and read but theres always something that gets missed and nothing beats actual hands on experience using it

I have 2 x 5kg tubs but think I will look at splitting each in half as im massively concerned about it going off quickly and being stuck on the tiles

I have a washboy and some black and white emulsifying pads too... The missus is also on hand so I was thinking as I grout, she follows up with the emulsifying pads? to loosen the grout and then I can use the washboy

bit para as I have spent ages tiling and dont want to faff it all up! :yikes:

thanks all

Dave

U

user123

Is that the first time you've used it? It's really not difficult, have very warm water handy, put some gloves on just in case you are sensitive, it doesn't go off too fast at all and cleans off easily and shinily with the hot water, neatly folded j-cloths are good, you will be amazed how easy it is. Pour the hardening liquid in a jamjar and cut the epoxy mass into equal portions of your choice with a knife, so you can take out what you need, split the jamjar amount into equal sections and pour just that bit in to mix with that bit, mix it really really well that the fluid is really touching onto every bit of the mass and then you can just enjoy, it is easy, really. Turns out that I'm not even sensitive to the epoxy at all, can touch it with bare fingers, no problem, but the hardening fluid on its on is less funny, especially in a cut, so yes, gloves are good. :thumbsup: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Just work clean mate

scrape off as you go with float

clean up good every half mtr and start to spread again

its is more important when grouting glossy tiles as minor residue can be seen very easily, it leaves a kind of clear matt film on a shiny tile.

Its actualy realy good stuff to work with, it spreadd very well just be sure to

1.work clean

&

2. clean as you go (over and over untill there is no resin left on face of tile)

you will be fine mate:thumbsup:

M

MTiler

Keep some acetone to hand incase it starts to go off and water wont budge it, the acetone will do the trick (careful as its potent stuff) but use plenty of water to clean the acetone off, especially on natural stone. If you notice any bits that have completely dried after youre done a heat gun will soften the epoxy and you can scrape it off.
If you dont want to use the 5kg tub in one go you can use multiples of 450g(colour) - 50g(hardener) in a clean tub. Half the of a tub works out to 2250g - 250g, youve then got the right amounts for the two parts.
I use white pads to emulsify it then cleaning cloths (The ones like very thin sponges, I no longer use sponges) and a cloth (wrapped around a cellulose sponge) that has a raised nap to collect the epoxy.

Wear gloves especially if you have any cuts on your hands. Im allergic to it and the first time I reacted to it I couldnt see out of my left eye! Most get an itchy rash especially if it gets onto your skin, it leaves burn like marks on my skin! All good fun. I hate the stuff but have been using it alot and i think my body is getting used to it.

missyT

D

davemul

476ec40a.jpg

D

davemul

MG - It was .. erm.. OK.

Very messy doing the walls, hopefully easier on the floor. I was very time concious so it was a bit stressfull. Also the epoxy went off quite quickly in the tub I was using. I split it 50/50. 5kg did the 3 walls in the pic.

It wasnt hard to emulsify at all, which was good.

The hardest part was dressing the joints as it went off so quickly once packed in.

Plus did I say it was VERY messy! The washboy came in to its own also!

I got epoxy all over myself! on my face.. arrrgh not my face

still on my nose this AM at work!

Blocko, thanks mucker :)

D

davemul

I take it the floor is concrete? Epoxy grout shouldnt be used on wooded floors because it isnt flexible and will crack.

cheers

missyT

Hi there

The substrate is 18mm ply, with 6mm marmox backer boards fixed on top with keraflex and screws. Underfloor heating mats on top of this and a flexible fibre self levelling compound to cover it all..

Is this ok?!?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Last Minute Kerapoxy Grout Tips? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Last week I had grouted a bathroom floor of 100x100 porcelain mosaics using Kerakoll...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Last Minute Kerapoxy Grout Tips?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.