Discuss Latest Bathroom refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Hi guys, had quite a slow Nov/Dec but things are picking up now and it seems Jan is the month people order their Bathroom Suites as I have 3 complete refurbs on at the moment and went to order a suite with a customer and people were queuing so I am sure the work will pick up for us all soon.

I'm doing my usual photo journal of progress with all my jobs so now I'm finally busy again I thought I'd post a work in progress. Please feel free to add advice and criticism as it really helps my learning/progress.
No tiling started on this job yet (though they are on order). Two days before the suite arrived I stripped the artex off the ceiling, I then got a spreader in to skim the ceiling:
DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

I found a heat gun and a Gundlach scraper to be the most effective method.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Excellent job Macten, can I ask how the bath access hatch works pls?
Also, how many days do you reckon it took, start to finish?
Cheers.

My access panels ain't the most sophisticated but this is what I always do now:
3/4 of the panel is screwed and glued to framework. The last 1/4 (tap end) is only held in by silicone around the perimeter (hence the support rod left overnight) This works very well with regular tiling layouts but a bit more of a pain with brickbond as you can't replace a grout line with silicone along the join so what I do is cut the tiles where the join is and push them together so they are invisible.
Obviously to remove hatch it's just a case of cutting the silicone.

I recon it probably took me 14 long working days in all - hard to tell as I could only get to do bits and bobs due to another job I had on.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Thanks Macten, last tiled panel I did, I made it full size, tile on 6mm ply (would use backerboard now) and used mirror screws at each corner, siliconed round all 3 exposed sides (top side under lip of bath). Looked pretty neat but obviously still 4 10mm screwhead covers visible. Always interested how people get round these problems that showrooms don't need to worry about...........
Tx for info, great job again.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Latest Bathroom refurb in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hi guys, Im new to this forum, I am a sparky and a member of the Electricians forum, so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
Getting ear ache from a customer who is anxious for me to start tiling her bathroom. First fix...
Replies
Views
hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB