Discuss laying terrazo in sand cement base in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

astute1

Hi guys, a question from down under in NZ. I am doing a job which involves laying a terrazzo paver/tile 500x500 x 40 thick onto a concrete base ( internal). Was intending to use modern modified cement base adhesive. However the construction team have set all of the joinery for a 50 mm paver and they require the paver to run about two mm under the level of the joinery. So with the normal addy, I'm going to be about 6-7 mm too low to hit the required height. The area to cover is about 300 m2 so the SLC option is way to expensive. So knowing I cant get the required height out of the addy Im thinking of laying in sand cement. I know I will get the lift out of this. Am I digging myself a hole here. Or is this a genuine solution. The pavers/tiles are created by having the bottem 20 mm plain concrete and the top 20 mm in the terrazzo. They:hurray: are not moisture sensitive. Having read other posts it seems that if I slurry the concrete and use addy to back butter the paver/tile It should stay there. The residence is around the $3-$4 million mark so I have to get this right. Your thoughts are appreciated. :hurray:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

You should never lay screed under 25mm thick, but if you wet-down the concrete then slurry coat it with neat cement & SBR mixed to pourable mix then lay the sand and cement screed with SBR/water ,lay this screed into the wet slurry !,if the slurry drys-out it's not good,wet it again, then back butter the tiles with thin -set then bat them into the damp screed ,and bob's your uncle , hope this helps you cobber.....lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to laying terrazo in sand cement base in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I live in Berkshire, UK, where the soil is clay. My current patio is block paved (laid about 20...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
Afternoon everyone, just after a bit of advice on preparing some walls for ceramic, possibly...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB