Discuss levels.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

would i be better to invest in a lazer? i do already have some levels but there not the best just thinking about when i need all the grout joints to connect around a whole room. cheers

In my opinion mate, lasers are a handy bit of kit but i hardly ever use mine to be honest. Always prefer chalk lines on floors and bubbles on walls but then my pal who is a tiler too swears by it, personal taste. Not essential though bud

C

Colour Republic

Stabila is the obvious choice because they have built up a good brand, however in recent years they have brought out a lot of 'ok' levels. In many ways they are a bit like Dewalt that trade on their past reputation. Bring out a lot of DIY products yet pass them off as Pro tools. Don't get me wrong, Stabila are some of the best levels out there, but just because it has the name stamped on it doesn't mean it's good

My advice to you T bag is if you're going to buy levels then go for the higher end, and if possible get a case for it. I've had too many levels to mention over the years, yet the ones with cases have always been treated with more respect. Keep them clean too, as others will always borrow your levels, they are a bit like hammers in that sense, but a nice looking pristine level is much less likey to be picked up by a fellow tradesmen without asking.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to levels.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Just wondering everyone's thoughts on leveling schluter curbs. I'm installing a shower kit on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB