UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Limestone repair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ok I’ve got a brand new Limestone fireplace that has been damaged (not by me!)

The header block has a small piece which has sheared off maybe 100mm x 100mm, luckily it isn't a piece that carries or supports much weight, if any at all.

I need a way to repair this and bond it back together. The fireplace is engineered stone rather than solid.

Soooo I was thinking of using Akemi Colour Bond to glue it back together but I’m wondering how thin I can get away with this joint, I’m assuming as little as 1-2mm of adhesive as I know some worktop fitters use it at this thickness but then joints in worktops aren't really structural and more of a filler where as this will need to hold at least the weight of the 100mmx100mm piece of limestone.

Sadly forgot to take some pictures but might do next weekend if I get up to the job.

Anybody have experience of using colour bond in small doses or what would you use to bond two pieces of stone together given that the join will be visible?
Cheers guys
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

C

Colour Republic

Superglue?? are you serious?

This is the fireplace that needs to be fixed, i'm not sure superglue is up to the job TBF

blenheim-1-large.jpg

Attachments

• blenheim-1-large.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 43
T

Topshop

Dead serious.

Now you know one of the biggest advancements of the stone industry since the diamond blade. It bonds stronger than stone itself. Use a razor lightly but perpandicular to the surface to carefully level any excess adhesive.

You have to come to America to the SRN class if you want to learn how to get a polish on the CA though.

If you are afraid to use CA then you want to use a laminating adhesive like Bonstone's Express II epoxy but you will need to devise a way to clamp it tight for about an hour. Knifegrade Akemi poly is not really recommended for a repair like that but will hold until the check clears.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone repair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
O
I need to make a minor repair to a chipped Limestone tile,has anyone used one before,Good or bad?
Replies
Views
I have some 100mm sq limestone tiles that are being fixed in my bathroom and need to seal them...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.