Discuss Sealing limestone tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I would recommend using a purpose designed sealer for your limestone tiles rather than the linseed oil. If you want to avoid the inflammable pageant vapour type then select one that is water based.
Personally I would normally fix the tiles and then seal them (then grout, then seal again) unless the sealer instructions or something else dictated otherwise.

I do remember that when we used linseed oil to polish up quarry tiles to give a nice finish it was also mixed/thinned with paraffin!

Think we used white spirits to thin it to seal handmade Mexican tiles when we fitted floors for smallbone

Reply to Sealing limestone tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
Need some advice please on sealing Slc. Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but worth a...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Hello all I have procelain tiles laid in my kitchen floor. The tiles are cream colour and have...
Replies
Views
I'm just wondering if my glazed ceramic tiles need sealing before I grout them... I applied...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Folks. I am due to lay Dijon limestone tomorrow. In the past i have had to seal the reverse...
Replies
Views
slythetiler
S

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Wellingborough

Thread Information

Title
Sealing limestone tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond