Discuss Limestone stains in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Can I just post something here, I had a similar problem with a limestone vanity, and it turned out to be the glue the joiners had used, it had a small amount of oil in it and the stone started drawing the oils out. I think this could be the problem.

Pebbs
Hi Pebbs, I can see where your coming from with this one. The marks are only in these two round areas and not any where else ie not in straight lines similar to the wooden carcase. The stain has penetrated from the top,as there is no staining visible from underneath,but that's not to say the joiner didn't leave his tub of glue on the top though!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

On one

Hi All. Just update this thread. The stains below are nearly all removed,not a 100% but a marked improvement,that the customer is happy with. LTP Grimex failed to do the trick,but 3 treatments of LTP Stain and Spot remover with Fullers Earth sprinkled over the top and covered with plastic gradually improved the vanity top.
Newbiggin2 019.jpg Tynedale Selling 014 (2).jpg Tynedale Selling 013 (2).jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone stains in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I laid a full patio with black limestone last October on a full layer of concrete. I...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB