Discuss Limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dash J

Evening guys

i have a limestone bathroom to try and fix tomorrow,it's for one of my existing customers who had it done before I met her

it is limestone from porcelanosa

the workmanship is terrible to say the least

im going to fix up what I can and build her a new bath surround

ehats the best way to bring the limestone to life?

im assuming it has been sealed(maybe not) if so I'm going to strip and re seal

whats the best products to use?could I use a topical sealer like universal gloss and seal

any replies would be great I want to really try and transform it for her she is a lovely wee woman

thanks. Marc

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
image.jpg Limestone sealer from fila worked a treat.

D

DP Tiling

Colour intensifier from LTP gives stone a real rejuvenation, it is also easily applied as additional coats can be applied as soon as 45minutes. I would recommend using the LTP grimex to get rid of old sealer and give the stone a good clean up first. It stinks so crack a window lol lithofin and fila do similar product to grimex that might not smell so bad but if you are going with the ltp sealer then the stockists will invariably have grimex in too.

If you don't clean it first and strip the sealer you will be sealing any dirt on the stone in the new sealer and the finish will more than likely be patchy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Limestone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I have some 100mm sq limestone tiles that are being fixed in my bathroom and need to seal them...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
O
Is it feasible to grout crema g Limestone prior to sealing? Not something I would normally do...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Im new to this forum. I am going to do a job on a new build in a couple of days and...
Replies
Views
stusgsx
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB