UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss linear mt cost to mitre porcelain tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just costing up a house with 5 ensuites . being asked about what finish i recommend for exposed edge detail.
guess there are three options.
polish exposed edge/mitre external edge/or use trim.
I am really a stone man and its easy to hone exposed edges and cost for it.
but doing quite a bit of porcelain now and am unsure what the rate should be to mitre external angles.
i personally feel that on a product that is not natural like stone is , steel /chrome trim looks really smart.
is there a going rate to mitre hard porcelain lets presume?
i have the cutter and blade to do it , just not sure whether aesthetically it will enhance tiling and will havea fine edge that could chip.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
tony73-albums-latest-jobs-picture45943-dsc-0634.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I would charge £15 per linear metre for mitring, but as you say you potentially leave an edge for chipping, although I do like the mitred finish.

Depends on the colour of the porcelain as to what trim I would use or say for example the finish on the taps and and handles in the bathroom, whether it be polished or brushed chrome.

Attachments

• BBQ Pic30.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 32
  • BBQ Pic35.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 39

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
I would charge £15 per linear metre for mitring, but as you say you potentially leave an edge for chipping, although I do like the mitred finish.

Depends on the colour of the porcelain as to what trim I would use or say for example the finish on the taps and and handles in the bathroom, whether it be polished or brushed chrome.
i'ts that nice big BBQ :thumbsup: (with mitre wizzed corners :lol:)
)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to linear mt cost to mitre porcelain tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
Hi All, I am sure this is a topic discussed before and I have managed to dig out some historic...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
O
The customer of a plumber who I am working for is adamant she does not want in any shape or form...
Replies
Views
On one
O
W
First time I've seen these, local supplier has just got them in....anyone tried these. Leveling...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
J
I have a job starting very soon and we are honing all exposed edges rather than mitre of using...
Replies
Views
Freeze
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.