Discuss Lining Up Walls And Floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

I stated this thread for topical conversation and thoughts, not to be told I'm in the wrong, and this is what I should do, and frowning on my opinions.
we are giving our thoughts on how we do it and how we believe it should be done.
you stated in you first post how you normally do it.
just because we have a different way to you doesn't mean are having a pop ;) even if you are doing it wrong :eek:

A

Aston

There is too much I'm right and your wrong going on, not just on this thread.

you are right, there is wayyyy tooo much of it going on.
plasterers are b'stards,
rubi's are for amateurs
i can do 50 meters an hour
i earn a grand a day
courses are sh'te
stay in the eu
leave the eu

but one thing is for sure, i am always right!!!
even if i'm wrong ;0)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
20160531_205802.png

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Personally I just leave it up to my customer, I give them a few layout options and let them choose the one that best suits there eye, after all it doesn't really matter what I think it should look like. It is there job, there house, there opinion, there money.
Simples.....

I

Italy

Personally I just leave it up to my customer, I give them a few layout options and let them choose the one that best suits there eye, after all it doesn't really matter what I think it should look like. It is there job, there house, there opinion, there money.
Simples.....
exact.
me too . I always ask. and explain. what is best and what is not.
last word . it is up to the customer
now. jobs. more time talking. that work time :(

T

Time's Ran Out

Ask the customer!
If architects and designers can't get it right what chance have customers. If you are a professional tiler then they are paying you to do it right and what the member from Essex is stating is the correct way - line up walls with floor joints where possible. Look at his portfolio of work and you will see quality and as a trusted advisor his opinion should be considered, and not derided by one line comments without also expressing an opinion on the issue.
Set a room up from the door.:)

I

Italy

Ask the customer!
If architects and designers can't get it right what chance have customers. If you are a professional tiler then they are paying you to do it right and what the member from Essex is stating is the correct way - line up walls with floor joints where possible. Look at his portfolio of work and you will see quality and as a trusted advisor his opinion should be considered, and not derided by one line comments without also expressing an opinion on the issue.
member from essex..........
We have to solve brain teaser???? ahahah
john is the numberone ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Ask the customer!
We have a member from essex:fearscream:impossible , theres no tradesmen in essex , they are all to busy getting spraytans and drinking prosseco in posh bistros :cocktail::cocktail:

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
brackley
And I've not said owt!:sunface:

No he's just right![/QUOTE
Ask the customer!

J

Joseph Kover

I agree! Lining up the floor with the main wall, is great, and normally no compromise, but lining the floor up with all 4 walls normally ends up with the walls having very odd cuts at each end and not looking great
Inform client at first visit as it will cost more tiles. Make nice big pieces no small cuts. They usually can return tiles and get money back these days for remaining tiles.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
first choice, fit wet deck yourself, If not, you should tell that person, whoever that is, the position you want the drain to be.
if this can't be done then you have two real choices, set out with joints running though drain centre or full tile over drain, this could be moved around slightly to help with wall setting out.
as a last result the tiler could recommend mosaics on the deck and set out ignoring the deck and drain.

Julian as much as I agree with what your saying, most plumbers these days cant even get a bath to sit level, what chance have you got of them bothering their hairy scratchers about what way the drain sits...

Personally if I am decking out a wet room I am with the plumber start to finish to make sure the job is done right. double edged sword? if I am with him I am not tiling but again I know the current job is done right.... lesser of two evils?!?!?!... Most plumbers are ok, but again a lot don't care.

"it is getting tiled anyway, who will notice?" I have lost count of the amount of plumbers over the years that have said this to me. There is a lot of good plumbers out there, but again a lot of them are, rough for a better term of describing it.

Reply to Lining Up Walls And Floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB