UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Lip on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nasty nic

Hi all well did my first job today in tiles in the bathroom. Need some help for ideas . We have the standerd while tiles in our bathroom and wanted to replace them but because of the tiles going behind the sink and the toilet and the rad we thought that the job would we to big. So we took a row of white tiles out and put in a row of mosaic tiles. The problem we have now, is that there is a lip about 3mm on the mosaic tiles to the white tiles. Is there anything I can do to make it look smarter?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
you could use a listello boarder or trim, top and bottom of the mosaic...

LDA104_Brightsilver_176.jpg

Last edited:
M

Mike Mike

Hi all well did my first job today in tiles in the bathroom. Need some help for ideas . We have the standerd while tiles in our bathroom and wanted to replace them but because of the tiles going behind the sink and the toilet and the rad we thought that the job would we to big. So we took a row of white tiles out and put in a row of mosaic tiles. The problem we have now, is that there is a lip about 3mm on the mosaic tiles to the white tiles. Is there anything I can do to make it look smarter?

YES THERE IS! SUPA PRO Mosaic Wall Spacers (Per Strip)

D

DHTiling

Dear Nic, you were surpose to level the space with adhesive b4 laying the mosaic. Now check if it is possible to remove the mosaic alltogether without damage, carefully clean the adhesive , take note of the thicknes mosaic, then level the space let it dry then apply the adhesive and put the mosaic.

Dear dealercity, the mosaic is thicker than the field tile. :).

N

Nasty nic

i have seen this in B&Q thought of looking at the 4mm trim then get a sharp stanley knife and cut the lip off that goes behind the tile and use the trim. think it might work if it fits
[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/tiles/border-tiles-tiling-trims/tiling_trims/Homelux-Glaze-Ceramic-Effect-Tiletrim-White-L-1830mm-x-H-4-6mm-9277960"]Homelux Glaze Ceramic Effect Tiletrim White (L)1830mm x (H)4-6mm, HGCS TT 100[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Lip on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Help! We need to replace about one square metre of the tiles in our bathroom shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.