UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Lip on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Dear Nic, you were surpose to level the space with adhesive b4 laying the mosaic. Now check if it is possible to remove the mosaic alltogether without damage, carefully clean the adhesive , take note of the thicknes mosaic, then level the space let it dry then apply the adhesive and put the mosaic.

The mosaics are thicker than the current way tiles. What are you levelling??

its just the person that lived here last did such a bad job of everthing. Which means its taking longer to do stuff

I don't think you can blame the last owner. Sounds like magpie effect, mosaics were all shiny and lovely. At any point though did you offer up the mosaic before fixing it to the wall?
Personally, imo if you want it to look right bite the bullet, remove the mosaic and go purchase a couple of sheets of cheap, slim mosaic. Fo example:

Misty Black Grey Mix Mosaic | Topps Tiles

N

Nasty nic

dont think i can do it as a job but can be well rewarding once its finished and looks good
here are more pics. bathroom new 003.jpg bathroom new 001.jpg bathroom new 003.jpg

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Sometimes a stone border can look well if it's sitting out a mm or two over the field tile. If it's any more than that, I'd try and sand/file a bit of the corner off.

Now you understand the daily perils of a tiler working with customer selected borders that are twice the thickness of the tile :mad2:

difference on tile thickness is not a problem for pro tiler

Reply to Lip on tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Help! We need to replace about one square metre of the tiles in our bathroom shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.