Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Little help needed setting out before I start another project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

cheers jay

but unless you have a nice even floor , which i rarely do these days:mad2:, that seems like more hastle than putting up a batten.
Speaking to a couple of ozzies they were amazed our tubbed gear slipped so much, they reckoned back home they could still start from a batten line without the batten. no slip whatsoever. they were ozzies though

yes there are a lot of non slip adh available (tubbed and cement based) always use cement base if you mark a level line of first tile line then cut tile to suit , you will struggle to find a flat floor anywere just take your time and it will get easier

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
cheers fella,

just something i have not tried before, must be set in my ways.
I just prefer adding the bottom row last and using wedges or tape or both to guarantee good even grout line but i may just give it a go one day:thumbsup:

Cutting the bottom row in is more of a pain afterwards as you have to be bang on measurement wise or the silicone joint will look messy. Doing it first without battens is just as easy to measure (with laser) and you don't need to be mm perfect as the floor tiles will be going in after. Another bonus is the silicone joint will be perfectly uniform as marking and cutting the floor tiles is easier.

S

saintdom

cheers for the info guys, you have me intrigued now.

one quick question though, and ill try and word it best i can.
If i have my laser level for the bottom tile , surely you would need to be more accurate with your cut as if you cut it smaller than it should be by a mm or so you would need to keep packing it up so it doesnt slip from the line. Say i was using a rubi wedge to support but cut slightly smaller therefore i would not be on the laser line and would need to try and add another wedge or spacer or cardboard.

id just be worried big time that a tile may slip and ruin my whole level.

does this make any sense

J

jay

mark your line on wall
norm for me that floor is laid first
cut tiles to fit tip turn tile upside down to mark (try to explain) with tile upside down mark left hand side on right hand side of were you want it to go in other words opposite norm mark so you cut marked lines off just you will get the hang of it you will need to cut tile on angle depending on floor
make sure adh isn't runny
you can adjust wedges (in more or out to take up diff)
you should be able to get a neat cut with practice

Reply to Little help needed setting out before I start another project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Little help needed setting out before I start another project
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.