Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss looking for a 120mm cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

I believe with all tiling projects a lot of the decision making in this area will depend on how exposed the pipework will be and how expensive the tiles are.

20000201_Half_Bath_Plumbing_page001img001.jpg

In a standard bathroom fit out (like the example above) most BIG holes are covered so its easy to rough out a basic shape. But with luxury contemporary bathrooms tiles are now so large its difficult to get exact results.

As a company we are selling more and more large diamond crowns to installers who perhaps just want to cut ONE hole but who have clients prepared to pay £50 quid to get a perfect result.

Many clients spend upwards of £80psm on very large tiles and require either a soil stack, extract fan, or "button push" for a loo to be fitted slap bang into the middle of their very expensive tile. Buying the exact size diamond crown guarantees a perfect fit / finish plus it can actually be quicker for the installer than stitch drilling, angle grinding or splitting tiles.

Of course the cost of replacing broken tiles can also be an issue between installer and client which is why a lot of installers point out the potential savings in advance.

Most fitters we have sold to buy diamond crowns for a specific job and then charge the cost back to the first customer. They then keep and re-use the crown on other jobs. Some are even smart enough to specify the same model / make of extract fans to new clients.

In our opinion in top end fit outs where the clients wont bat an eye at a fifty quid cutter. To them its all about the results of whats on show.

hoesch-sensamare-komplettbad.jpg

Quite a lot of the new modern fixtures-and-fittings come with very thin cover plates or gap tolerances. Especially in the LED-lighting where the norm is just a 1mm clearance.

What we do is provide a market choice. Until recently the only available large size diamond crowns were industrial and very expensive upwards of £170 each. Or tiles could be sent away to be water-jet cut.

Our diamond crowns can even be used on a site with no electricity because then can be fitted into a battery operated hand drill with ease.

Dsc08127.jpg

Large diamond crown fitted into chuck of dewalt 14v hand drill

A lot of items not found in a bathroom 5 years ago are becoming popular and clients are requesting them.

sl992510wh_b.jpg

Floor Spotlights are now becoming more popular in bathroom-tiles.
Photo courtesy of "inspired by light" £92.83 per set inc VAT

Hopefully as bathrooms become more than just a place to have a wash then installers can work with clients to let them know the market is filling with choice and more importantly that they have access to tools that will give superb results that look fantastic for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to looking for a 120mm cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Hi. I wonder if you can advise me. I need 4 inch hole drilled through the wall to install new...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
looking for a 120mm cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%