Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Makita 4101RH for re grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

FreeD

Hi all

Just bought one of these from tradetiler for regrouting floors. I've got a job on tuesday regrouting...and i'm not sure whether there will be access to mains pressure water supply which is what this tool requires or how far i'll be from the supply.

Is it possible to somehow have a portable supply? I thought of having a jerry can at the top of a step ladder or something to try and get enough pressure but then thought a submersible pump of some kind...could a pump be used with this tool?

thanks

D

DHTiling

This one>>

Makita Power Saw (110v only)

http://www.**************/acatalog/makita-4101RH-220.jpg
Wet cutting hand held power saw from Makita (can be used dry with suitable blade)

• Water fed to both sides of blade

As every day goes by, tiles seem to be getting even bigger this can be a big problem when it comes to wet cutting. The traditional machines become so heavy and expensive they are not viable. With the use of a straight edge clamped on the tile/slab accurate cuts can easily be achieved.
Accurate free hand cuts can also easily be achived
Highly suited to grout raking by reducing the depth of cut

• Electrical earth leakage breaker
  • Blade Diameter: 125mm - Bore: 20 mm
  • (we include ring to make standard 22.2mm blades fit)
  • Depth of Cut @ 90°: 40mm
  • Depth of Cut @ 45°: 26mm
  • No Load Speed: 12,000rpm
  • Input wattage: 860w
  • Net Weight: 2.9kg
  • 110v only (because of water)
  • 5 M water feed tube, rubber tap fitting
Included - Continuous rim blade rated for concrete - suitable some stone, travertine and marble. However we recommend a suitable tile blade is purchased separately

E

enduro

Hi all

Just bought one of these from tradetiler for regrouting floors. I've got a job on tuesday regrouting...and i'm not sure whether there will be access to mains pressure water supply which is what this tool requires or how far i'll be from the supply.

Is it possible to somehow have a portable supply? I thought of having a jerry can at the top of a step ladder or something to try and get enough pressure but then thought a submersible pump of some kind...could a pump be used with this tool?

thanks
Go onto a www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk and buy some microbore hose and a on/off tap to fit the pipe. Thats what i did, i bought 40 metres i can connect to outside tape and get to most places and i can turn the water off right by the machine. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FreeD

Hi Enduro..

I came to the same conclusion in the end I've bought a 30 metre hose with various fittings for taps.

The transparent water hose that comes with the saw has an on/off water switch is that what you mean or something different pls provide direct link.

Also I haven't used the saw yet but the trade tiler website shows the depth of cut is adjustable from 0-40mm. When I fully reduce the depth of cut i'm still left the blade sticking out 10mm. How do I reduce it to more like 4mm?

thanks m8

Reply to Makita 4101RH for re grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due to tile our Kitchen floor at the weekend, we went all out for the Black Star light...
Replies
Views
T14086
T
T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
G
Hello all, I'm a complete newbie, and I really dont know much about tiling. Today I had my...
Replies
Views
jSPENCEINC
J
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Makita 4101RH for re grouting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.