Discuss MAPEI Ultracolor Plus Grout, efflorescence-free in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

thanx kitty, weber new grout is great some thought went it to this one, did you know that a major tile supplier who supplies mapei is now lowering stock and are changing to new weber, too many complaints about mapeiet the in.Im sure i upsstruction reader tilers when i have a go at mapei, but thats my point you should be able to open a bag of grout put some water in a bucket mix it so your happy with the mix (from experience) and start grouting 5 to 10 mts with out the mess of dropping and the mixture getting sloppy. If you love mapei fine stick with it, its your time cleaning it up and trying to work with it, if want a good grout thats easy to mix and apply look around there is plenty of competion now for mapei that leaves it standing. big up for webers new grout, try granfix maxigrout and palace mould resist very easy to work with.

Any member can state their opinion on any product.. it was just that your first post was wrong regarding the mixing of the said product.. or any polymer grout.. you do not just chuck it in a bucket and mix to your hearts content ffs,,:)

All grouts from ALL manufacturers are made to be mixed with a certain amount of water.. any more can result in a weak mix..

Freedom of speech about any product is welcome but if a member is going to diss any brand and not mix it etc correctly then you cannot bad mouth it.. IMO.. if it does not perform to what you thought..

As for Weber's new pro-grout.. i was one of the testers on it and i love it..:)

N

Nick Harley

worst grout ever, first whats the the mixing about!!! after speaking to a rep at the stone show this year i came away more confussed. first do this then that then take a measuring jug with you a add just under a litre 0.95 to this then mix wait, stir again then your ready.I said after all that it would be time to pack me tools up!! my argument was why is mapai so differant then say , maxigrout from granfix, or even palace grout, with these you dont need a science degree to mix it up. second i can work with granfix easy, quickly and if it falls on the floor i dont need a hammer and chisel to get it , unlike mapei. I also agree with the threads it goes sloppy, and if you get any water on it while groutin its game over sloppy as WORD REMOVED. Do these companys ever talk to tilers and come and find out there oppinon before it comes out, or just listen to people in the scince depts creating this muck. sort it out!! moan over.

Rubbish.

Best grout ever.

Ignore the rep, just mix as normal to the consistancy of whipped cream. Let it stand for 5 minutes and give it another quick blast. It is hard to get the concistancy right with this grout for best results but you'll get to know over time. Make sure your tiles are dry. Any water on the surface will make the grout go really wet when applied. Let it dry to a haze and rub over the tiles and not the joints directly with a sponge to get it smooth. Do a wall and go back over with a clean sponge. Start at one end and do one clean wipe vertically/diagonally down the wall from top to bottom, turn sponge over and do another wipe then rinse sponge. The tiles will be pretty clean now. Let the grout dry off and then do final wash in similar fashion. By the time that dries the grout is hard and you can do silicone. Boom, off home.

With floor tiles you can get a big rectangular sponge, I use DTA one, and start in the corner. Bend the sponge up at one end as you firmly press down with the other half so you only use 1/2 of one side of the sponge and firmly drag diagonally across the tiles. You can manage to get 4 wipes before rinsing and the Ultracolour will be smooth after just a single wipe. No need for a second wash just give any haze a wipe off with a rag when dry.

Make sure you take off all of the grout off because it goes rock hard and also be careful when doing big areas. It doesn't go off that quickly but once it does start to it goes hard, fast!

Hope that helps anyone struggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to MAPEI Ultracolor Plus Grout, efflorescence-free in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some adhesives give info (not seemingly Mapei). I think the Mapei Standard Set Plus would suit...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi! Hoping for some advice on fixing this efflorescence. Only have this issue in the shower...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
MAPEI Ultracolor Plus Grout, efflorescence-free
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.